Chapter XVIII

/ e i g h t e e n /

(Fast forward to the next day)

Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring

"Hello?" I said curiously with my morning voice. I adjusted my eyes to the bright sun that shone from outside our window.

"Hey Lalix ... uhmm... I didn't know how this happened but Axle is drunk. I mean we're both drunk... I'm just a weensy bit more sober and-"

"What?! George!" That information suddenly woke me up right away. I looked at my side and there was no Axle. Yesterday night Axle and George said they were going out for a 'boys night out'. I didn't know that they were gonna get this drunk and let me tell you this- it takes a lot of alcohol to make a werewolf drunk.

"Can you like... get us here? I can't control Axle. I don't even know where he is, I couldn't find him." I looked at the clock beside me and saw that it was only 5 in the morning and they left last night at 10. I groaned.

I quickly changed into my leggings, sweater and shoes while asking George about where they went. Talk about multitasking. Apparently they are at this new club called 'WereWolf's'. It was a bar for werewolves, obviously and no humans were allowed to enter.

It takes about 15 minutes minimum to get there, if there was no traffic. Great, just great. I guess I'm gonna use Axle's BELOVED baby- his car. Sucks that they took George's car to the bar.

 Think of it as punishment for him Lalix, don't get all guilty and shit.

◇◇◇

I drove for what felt like hours even though in reality it only took me a few minutes, well let me explain this to you, I'm not that much of a great driver. That's why Axle doesn't let me drive his baby.

I am very impatient  and hot-headed during traffics and I drive recklessly. But I am eternally grateful that there was no traffic and I made it in less than 15 minutes. Thanks to my driving skills. I'm proud of myself because his car is still in awesome condition, atleast for now, I hope so.

It didn't seem like it was 5 in the morning because damn, this club is still going hard. It didn't help that the whole area is covered with a big covering or roof I seriously don't know what it was but it is making the whole place darker than it is.

The club was near a coffee shop which is a nice marketing strategy for the coffee shop. I might take Axle there later, to sober up. I went ahead to the club and prayed to the moon goddess that they are still there, somehow alive.  At first, the bouncer won't let me in but after being like a complete classy slut, if that is even possible, he allowed me to get in.

I'm joking I paid him.

I can't flirt for God's sake.

But good news, I MADE IT INSIDE!

The bass was hitting so hard. I can literally feel the ground shake. I scanned my eyes across the room looking for them and thought momentarily that I was stupid because I forgot that I was a werewolf and I can track down the scent of my own mate.

I hate how I am stupid sometimes. Maybe not sometimes but anyways.

I sniffed the air and it was so disgusting, not really but you know me, being the drama queen that I am. It smelled of mixed perfumes and sweat. I focused on my mate's scent and followed it.

I was too shocked to even move when I saw what was happening.

(I was about to end it here but that would be too mean and the chapter would be too short. So continue 😃)

I saw Axle and some slut grinding on him as if they are making love on the dance floor. It sickened me. I thought it wasn't Axle, I doubted that it was him but I know it is him, I can feel it through the mate bond.

How could he not sense me being here? Right, He is drunk. I touched his shoulders, hoping for him to turn around and face me but what shocked me the most is I felt more pain when I touched him.

I immediately retracted my hand away and massaged it unconsciously. As I did, Axle faced me but there was something different about him.

I couldn't pinpoint it enough. He was Axle but he wasn't at the same time. As if his big neon yellow eyes are not proof enough that it was not Axle.

"Who are you?" The girl that was dry humping him awhile ago said. My anger flared, who the hell does this bitch think she is? I AM HIS FREAKING MA-

"Oh I don't know who she is."

I felt my heart dismantle into little pieces. Did I really hear what he just said? Or am I mishearing things now?

Me being the stupid person that I am replied with,

"Are you pranking me again?" I laughed dryly but I'm panicking in the inside.  My thoughts ran.

Please tell me this is all just a dream.

Pinch me awake.

He laughed at me, each laugh getting louder and louder. I looked at his hand which is grabbing her waist, holding her close. I couldn't breath. It felt as if everyone was looking at me. My eyes were watering, as I looked at him. I stood in one place, not moving.

I look stupid but I felt as if I am glued to the ground.

His neon yellow eyes were mocking me. I missed his warm eyes that used to stare at me lovingly. "She thinks it's a prank babe." He laughed out while the girl joined him, having a sinister smile to herself. All I wanted to do was to rip her auburn hair off of her head but the heartbreak was unbearable.

I felt rejected.

"I don't even know you."

That was the last thing I wanted to hear from him. I could take him saying that I look ugly or fat or anything but this...

...I can't.

I broke down on the floor as my wolf cried out in pain. I was left there, begging for my wolf to just accept the rejection to make things better for us. To make it not hurt. Then I saw George coming out from the crowd that was encircling us, looking worried.

Immediately the girl ran away and disappeared to nowhere as Axle's eyes went back to normal. I know George is saying something to me but I couldn't hear it. All I can see is that his mouth was moving and he looked at me as if I'm dying which I probably am, in the inside.

Axle then came near me but before he even touched me I felt myself getting dragged into the darkness and for once in my life- I felt safe in the dark, away from the pain.

Away from Axle.

◇◇◇

/ n o t e /

GUYS!!!!! O MAY GURRR THANK YOU GUYS FOR 10K READS. And also I'm sorry. I know I keep saying I'm sorry and blah blah blah but hear me out. We have 2 more plays and it is the last quarter. I have training, long tests, secretary stuffs to do and EVERYTHING IS FREAKING HARD TO BALANCE.

Also thank you for EVERYONE WHO FREAKING GAVE THIS BOOK A CHANCE, TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED, VOTED AND FOLLOWED. Seriously reading your comments makes me smile. Tell me what you think about the chapter!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!