Chapter IX

◇◇◇

This chapter is dedicated to ILoveRozey and AmberlionMeow. Thank you for voting!

(Song: Cookie by R. Kelly)

◇◇◇

/

n i n e /

Axle's POV
(At the hospital)

I was about to knock on the door to check if Lalix was okay. I did not meant to eavesdrop but I heard what she was saying and I'm kinda glad that I did.

"- I'm falling for Axle day by day. He's so easy to love. I'm afraid that he'll break my heart just like what Keith did." Who the fuck is this Keith dude? I don't know who he is or probably what he looks like but he's already dead to me.

"I'm really confused as to what I'm gonna do. What if he breaks my heart and leave me for a more beautiful girl?" No girl is more beautiful than her in my eyes, honestly.

"Will he still like me when I'm fat or old?" Silly girl, I'll love you even if you're all saggy and old.

"I'm praying that he will but I'm doubting myself. He deserves someone better.

But I love him already." What I heard caused my wolf to howl with joy but also worried for her.

I wouldn't leave her even if she's fat; she'll be fat because of our team of pups.

I wouldn't leave her even when she's old; she'll grow old with me and I will love every wrinkle even if she hates it. I'll kiss her everyday, even every second, just to tell her she's beautiful and that I love her.

I wouldn't leave her period

Who the hell is Keith even? I don't care as long as I have her by my side.

'Our mate loves us!' My wolf Adrian said. I just smiled going back to the lounging area waiting for her.

She's worth all the wait

Because I love her.

◇◇◇

Lalix' POV
(Present time)

I was walking around my old pack (even though it is still technically her pack) with Axle taking a walk around the pack. We were just talking about random stuffs, taking in the view of the sun setting we sat down on a bench. There are a few people around some dog owners, couples and old people.

I laid my head on his shoulder looking out on the lake. We rested for awhile just taking in the presence of each other.

"YOU-YOU ASSHOLE! I LEFT MY FAMILY FOR YOU! EVEN MY MATE!"

I turned around to look who the hell yelled at this beautiful moment but I quickly turned back around.

"Hey Axle, can we go? Like now." I said standing up and going the the other side where the couple were fighting because it was closed off on the opposite side, a dead end, so we had no choice but to go through that way.

'Just stay low Lalix, stay low.' I was hiding my face with my other hand covering my field of view from that side as my other hand was dragging Axle.

"Lalix?"

I recognized that voice immediately so I just kept walking but faster. Someone held my wrist, which I was using to cover my face, and removed it.

I smiled awkwardly.