Author's Notes

About the genre of this book: The original title of the story was "Creatures of God: A Science Fiction Horror Story." Long-winded, I know. But I think it speaks to the fact that I had no clue as to which category I should put it in. Wattpad was my first delve into learning the different genres. It was only then that I realized, as much as I thought I was writing science fiction, that the story best fit into the Fantasy category. (It could also fit into Horror, Vampire or Werewolf, but none of those fit perfectly either.) 

I left "Creatures of God" in the Science Fiction category this past year as I re-wrote a lot of the chapters. I enjoyed watching it float around on the Science Fiction Hot List for most of the year. I have read that it is the toughest category to rank in. "Creatures" best ranking was #180, without a lot of advertising. That was a lot of fun.

Now that 2016 is coming to a close, I am ready to move the story to its rightful category of Fantasy. A Wattpad representative contacted me earlier in the year to have my story submitted as a Science Fiction featured story, so I think it is getting close to actually being finished. I've changed its cover, changed its genre category. Now I think I'm close to submitting it to Wattpad as a featured story. But in the Fantasy category.

Thanks for reading!

December 2, 2016

When I first joined Wattpad in September 2015, I immediately posted "Creatures of God" and tagged it as Science Fiction. I also submitted the story to Wattpad's SciFi group for consideration as a featured story. As time went by though, I came to realize that the correct genre for my story was probably Fantasy, and not Science Fiction. So I changed the story's category as such. Shortly thereafter however, Wattpad's Science Fiction group notified me to tell me they were going to add my story to their "Science Fiction Shorts" reading list, and so I flip-flopped "Creatures of God" back to the Science Fiction tag. Now the story has found itself floating around on SciFi's rankings. While I am happy to have Wattpad acknowledge my work, and for the story to have some mild success on the SciFi chart, I worry that some readers will be put off by the inaccuracy of its genre. 

Thus, this is my note beforehand, to all of my new readers, that this is really a Fantasy book. I hope you won't be disappointed. I really like the story and its theme, the characters, so I hope you'll give it a chance. Thank you.  JohnAAJoseph

January 24, 2016

COVER ART by Legowosnake "Vampire vs Werewolf"