Funerals- Ricky Point of View

As I slowly awake and I realize what the day is, all I can honestly think about is why? Why is today the day we say farewell to both Kian and J.C? Why did they both do it? Honestly many questions in my mind have been circling in an on-going circle that I don't have any answers for. First Kian, then J.C a few hours later. Everyone has been telling me that there must have been a reason why they both slipped away and honestly, I think the only possible answer I can think about is the love that the both of them shared. But no one thinks about that. All they think about is how it was suicide and how careless they both were and how they had their whole lives ahead of them and how they had so much more to give. But to be honest with you, the only people that really believe that Kian and J.C did it out of the love that they both held for each other is Trevor and I. Because what they don't understand is that Trevor and I watched the relationship of Kian and J.C grow and develop over their last few months and what they don't know is that Trevor and I were the ones to discover both of them dead. All of this is circling my mind as I enter the church and as I watch the people drift in, their faces displayed with confusion and hurt, I know that only Trevor and I really understand why Kian and J.C did it and Trevor and I are the only ones that know why we were there for their funerals. And as the service begins, I finally realize that I am not at the funeral to remember the deaths of Kian and J.C but the love that the both of them held for each other and as I hold the casket of J.C as it exits the church to Breakeven by the Script, I smile because I know finally that both Kian and J.C slipped away not to escape but to be with each other forever and to be honest, that's the best memory I could ever ask for even if they are gone. And I suppose that's how I'll always remember them. Not through their death or decision to finally quit but the love that they both had for each and for me, I know that is enough and is my way to be remembered everyday of how amazing both Kian and J.C really were and how much they impacted my life. And I honestly wouldn't trade that.