Part XI

PART 11:

DANIEL'S POV

I sat next to Avian, listening to all the things he was telling me. My stomach was aching, like they were slowly turning a knife around in there.

This kid went through a living hell, was all I could think while looking at the scars on his hip. The pain in his voice made me tear up, to even the point I was literally crying.

The part he told about his vision getting blurry and he became cold and stiff, he apparently didn't know it but he was close to dying. He heard me when I mumbled it, his eyes grew wide in shock and started crying again.

He almost was with James yeah, but was that really what he wanted? He now layed curled up into a ball sleeping on my lap. Did he really want to die? Or was he just broken? He clearly needs someone who can glue some pieces together.

He asked me if I wanted to stay tonight, of course I would. I'll make an make-shift bed on the ground or I can sleep in the chair. I'm not gonna sleep next to Avian yet, he needs to tell me if he wants me to lay with him, because I don't want to do things against his will.

I studied him again and smiled, I guess we're friends now. He didn't look too relaxed, but it already was a bit better than before. Avian was holding onto my shirt, softly squeezing it if he tensed up. I kept stroking and playing with his hair, I need to get out of his hold though.

I rubbed my eyes, now I was getting tired. I just can't believe he was in there, he was in that hell. You really can't judge a book by it's cover, people in school need to know that too, I frowned.

James had an horrible death, but sometimes when people bring too much good, their story ends earlier than from people who are just normal. I wish I could meet James, I don't know why..

My phone buzzed, Avian curled up even more. I grabbed my phone

EARTHTRULER JOULES xoxo CALLING..

I thought about it for a moment, I can't pick up because I would wake up Avian. I declined the call, and texted her:

EARTHTRULER JOULES xoxo: Jesus! DAN! PICK UP YOUR PHONE! I'M GOING INSANE!

Me: Sorry Joules I can't, the boy I told you about is sleeping.

EARTHTRULER JOULES xoxo: Wait what? He is sleeping? Are you with him? What's going on?

Me: It's a long story.

EARTHTRULER JOULES xoxo: I've got allllll night Dannyboo

Me: Well.. okay..

Me: Don't tell anyone though!

EARTHTRULER JOULES xoxo: My mouth is shut and the key is thrown away.

Me: Well okay, don't freak out but..

EARTHTRULER JOULES xoxo: I won't Danosaur

Me: Avian was in the New York Franklin Theater shooting. He just told me everything in detail and he was freaking out, my head is running circles seriously Joules help me, the boy went through hell and back and he's still hurting from it.

EARTHTRULER JOULES xoxo: He was in that hostage?! Oh my god.

Me: Yeah, he was, his boyfriend was shot dead and he was shot six fucking times!

Me: He told me about how the police brought him outside and how everything got blurry and he got cold and stiff!

EARTHTRULER JOULES xoxo: ...woah.. Daniel.. that's alot..