Part V

PART 5:

DANIEL'S POV ●

"Avian made a friend!" Avian's mother chirped while pointing at me. Avian's dad looked confused "Hi sir" I brought out. His father studied me, he smiled "What's your name kid?" He asked "Daniel" Avian awnsered for me, his voice not soft but steady. "Where not friends he just happened to help me because he peeked on me" Avian said. Was he now angry at me? Are you serious?

His mother smiled "Of course dear" and winked at his dad. Avian already had enough, he sighed, hung the picture back on the wall and walked upstairs. So now I sat in the room with his mother and father, kinda awkward is it for sure.

"You remind me of someone" Avian's dad said. I looked at him kinda confused, I made reminded him of someone. "I just moved here sure I live 2 houses down the street so I guess I can look like someone" I said with a smile

"Oh you're one of the Flynns, I met your parents when you were moving in, what nice to meet you" he shook my hand "I'm Ethan Stanley and this is my wife Lucy and you met our son Avian of course" I nodded "Yes sir nice to meet you all"

Avian's mother mentioned me to go upstairs "His room is the last one on your left" I looked kinda confused, alright they want me to go to his room. I stood up and walked up the stairs, I first of course opened the wrong door which was a bathroom. Then I saw a door kinda secret in the corner, I tried to open it.

Of course it wouldn't open.

Glad I brought my good luck with me today, so I tried to knock "Avian?" I tried my best to listen. I heard some movement and the door unlocked.

The door slowly opened, one greenish-brown eye looked through the crack. "What are you doing here? We aren't friends? Why do you keep following me?!" He said loud, I hadn't heard this tone before. I kinda scared me, I looked at him searching for our eyes to make contact "Look I'm not here to become friends, I only want you to see the world bright again"

Avian laughed sarcastically "sure Daniel" His tone changed to hate "The new guy is gonna save the fragile boy, I've read those fairytales too now leave me alone" he said bitterly, sighed and closed the door.

There I stood before his bedroom door, I figured it was better to leave him alone. So I walked down the stairs.. I really only wanted to help, I have never seen him like this before and I am pretty sure nobody in school saw him like that. I didn't know he could be mean and cold, I looked at the 'James being a pain in the ass' picture, I can understand you get cold and harsh when your complete world get's torn apart.

Avian's mom looked at me "Are you leaving? I just wanted to call you and Avian down stairs to tell you guys that dinner is ready" she looked kinda dissapointed. "My mother called I need to help her with cooking tonight" I lied, I never help my mother cooking, I can't even boil an egg but I really wanted to leave. Avian's tone of talking was leaving this huge weight of sadness in my stomach. She knew something was up, I guess it wasn't too hard to tell because I'm a horrible liar I can't lie at all.

"Oh" his mother smiled, her eyes weren't smiling at all, not like when they were showing me the pictures of James. "I hope to see you soon again" I nodded "Of course ma'am" and with that I left the Stanley family home.

I really hadn't felt sad like this in a long time, the last time was on my old school, when my so called friends turned their back on me and slowly people started to pick on me. I went from populair to zero. Which still kinda hurts, at least I never turned into a human ball when people were picking on me. I could always stand up for myself.

At least I knew one thing sure Avian had the dark room with the black curtains. I wish he let me in, I really wanted to know what his room looked like.