Chapter 25

"Kate. Honey. Wake up, dinner's ready." I heard a sweet voice. Waking me up. I moaned. But opened my eyes as slowly as possible. "Hello sleeping beauty." I smiled at him when he softly kissed my cheek.

"What's the time?"

"Uh." He checked his watch. "It's 6:30 pm. Why?"

"Because when you left this morning, I made a bath for Wyatt. Placed him in his box. And he fall asleep at 10. That's the time I fall asleep too.. So I slept like whole day."

"And Wyatt was downstairs when I got home." I looked at him.

"What? How?"

"I have no idea. But he was. And the whole kitchen was trashed. Wyatt couldn't do that. He can't climb on the kitchen counter, and neither open the fridge."

"Someone was here. And I didn't know.."

"Maybe he drugged you? And maybe Wyatt was hiding somewhere?"

"I will check for any injection scars."

"I will be downstairs, but dinner is still ready."

"I'll be there in a sec." He left me in the room, and I went to the bathroom. I checked on any injection scars. But I only had the scar from 3 years ago. I still didn't know why I had it, what couldn't I know? I sighed, and walked downstairs. When I hit the last step, and stood on the floor, I was shocked. A man in black, holding my husband. But his face seemed so familiar.

"Mommy?" Johanna looked at me from behind, I just could feel her watching me.

"No. Jo, go to your brother. Make sure he is okay." I felt her nodding, and slowly walking away.

"You're still the same, Katherine." His voice was deep. Not so familiar.

"Yea? I am, mh. Funny, because I have no fucking Idea who you are. And you know me? Well, I know a lot of people. But you're so not on my list."

"You don't? Oh dear Kate. Can I call you Kate?"

"Nope not at all."

"Anyways, you are on my list. From people I know."

"Oh I get it. It's not funny Dad!" He let go of Eric, and put down his hat.

"Why do you always have to just ruin the moment." My dad said, both Eric and he laughed.

"The way you said "Kate" said enough to me. Dad, your jokes are getting old."

"You're growing up to fast Katie!"

"Can't stop it, but you can." I laughed. "Jo, come here. It's just grandpa." I yelled, and Jo came to us, with Wyatt in her little arms. "Oh sweety! You didn't had to do that." I smiled, and took Wyatt out her little arms. And she laughed, she ran to her grandpa and he lifted her up. Wait, just grandpa? I told Eric yestareday that I hadn't spoke to him in months! And now he is here?

"Katie? Everything okay?" Dad asked.

"No, not at all." I said harsh. "What are you even doing here?"

"Surprising you! Katie is that a crime?"

"Well, yes that's a crime in my eyes. Let me think. Months ago, well exactly 5 years. I got shot, and you didn't even care to just stop by. And even talk to me. You could have called Dad!!" Jo looked at me, and then back to her grandpa.

"Katie, that is never what I meant to do."

"Oh no? No? Why didn't you call then? Huh? Why are you here right now? To make things right, well you can get everything what you want. But I dont accept your appology... Just that you know."

"Why? Why Kate?"

"Because you left me on my own, the only one I had was Rick! And you know, he is dead! Long gone. You know how much that hurts? No you don't because you didn't even cared to ask me! Just go to hell!!" I stormed upstairs, slamming the bedroom door behind me. Downstairs I heard people arguing, Eric and my dad. Wyatt crying, and Johanna shushing her little brother. I sat down on the bed, lost in my thoughts. Should I cry? Is there a reason to cry anyways? No. There wasn't. all I wanted right now, was to be dead. Coming back to Rick, and try to forget everything that even happened.

Denying Love {Caskett Fanfic}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें