Chapter 11

*3 months later*
I was living normally. I was seeing a therapist, but everything was fine. No nightmares. No weird things that I did. Well, being me. But nothing that special. I got back to work. And guess what. Gates didn't let me work on field. I was stuck in paperwork. But I would not be myself, so I was hard to her. Just do the hard work. Does it matter to me? Am I just fired, I could care less. I want to do what I am good at. I can not do anything with it, I can not stand. Sorry Gates. But it will not happen! When the boys told me there was a case, I sneaked out. I sneaked to the elevator, and it closed just in time. I saw Gates coming out her office. And I felt relieved that I was already inside the elevator.

We arrived at the crime scene, and it felt so good to be finally back. I immediately walked up to Lanie. She was examining the body.

"Hey Lane! What do we got here?" I asked, and she looked up.

"And what are you doing here?" She asked, and stood up.

"Oh come on! What does everyone have! A "Gates Sickness". Yeah my ass." Lanie made weird movements with her arms and I didn't know what it meant. Until someone cleared her throat behind me. I sighed, and turned. Yup Gates. I am so screwed.

"Detective Beckett? Are you ready to explain me why you're here?" She asked, and she wasn't happy at all.

"Uh, I guess."

"Didn't I tell you to stay at the precinct?"

"Oh you did. But I didn't listen."

"Oh Detective, I bet you didn't. And now. Get your ass to the precinct. We will talk further there." Wait? Further? Shit. I am screwed. But I did what she said. I walked to my car, and drove back to the precinct.

I arrived at the precinct, and Gates followed a few seconds later. She told me to go into her office immediately. I walked in, and she slammed the door shut. I sat down, and she walked to her chair. Sitting down, looking angry at me.

"Detective, do you even know how disappointed I am?" She started.

"No. I don't." I replied quick.

"Well. Very. Why didn't you just Listen?!" Now she was yelling.

"Because I am tired of just sitting around and do nothing. What do you expect from me then?!"

"I want you to go home. And don't you dare to come back." Whoa. Was she really firing me. "Oh and if you wonder. I am not firing you. I am sending you away. You're suspended. For another 3 weeks. Don't make your ass in here in that 3 weeks! Do you understand?"

"Of course. Another 3 weeks... Jey! I am so happy with this.."

"It's your own fault Beckett. You know that."

"I know. But still. I can't just sit on a chair, for 3 weeks in a row. And then you expect me to just do my paperwork?! Instead of what I am good at!?" I now stood up, and yelled at her.

"GO HOME! NOW!" She yelled.

"With pleasure!!" I yelled, walked out, and slammed the door behind me. I took my phone, and my keys. And secretly my gun and badge, and I took the elevator down. Once I was out, I ran to my car. And drove home as a crazy monkey who didn't got his banana.

I stopped for a red light, I could be a crazy monkey. But I wasn't a Traffic warrior. Hell no. Once my light turned green. I rode further, and then I saw that a truck was coming my way. What the hell must I do? Just wait till the truck bumped into me? Or driving against a old woman. The next I knew, the truck was bumping into my car, I slipped off the rode, and hey lucky me... My car slid on a downhill and I ended up upside down. Against a tree. But I was lucky. I could climb out my car. And some guy ran to me, to help me. But when he was near, I got scared as hell. A guy with a gun. He shot me down, and I was out.