Chapter 22

I worked for long on my own things, Castle called like a million times. But why should I pick up? I was busy enough with my own things. And give someone the private they need. Everyone needs their privacy. My phone started ringing again, I looked at the caller ID, not Castle. It was a private number. I picked it up.

"Beckett?"

"Hey kid."

"Royce? That? How?" I was damn confused, the guy was alive?

"I know, I have a lot of explaining to do. And I will tell you, not now. I need your help."

"With what?"

"I digged into your moms case again, I had the feeling we missed a lot. And hell we did. I found a lot of interessed things Kid, with this we catch your moms killer. There is one problem, I need you to get him."

"I can't do that Royce. Not now. Neither one day. I have a job to do, and time to fully heal."

"Kid, it's now or never." How bad I wanted to say i would help, I couldn't.

"Than never Royce." I hang up. Without one move of hesitation. I laid my phone back down, and continued on my investigation.

A loud knock on my front door, made me waking up. I felt my face burning. I fall asleep on top of my laptop keyboard. Again there was a knock, I carefully stood up, took my gun. And walked to the door, without looking through the little hole in my front door. I swung the door open. I pointed the gun in the direction where a guy, dressed in all black stood. He slammed my arm against the wall, causing the gun to fall. My arm hurting. I rubbed my arm on the painful spot. I didn't think about even closing the door, and the guy kicked me in my stomach. My arms gathered around my stomach, I stepped some steps back. And my breath got fiercer. I had a hard time catching my breath, causing me to fall down. And everythig hits black.

"Kate! Wake up! Kate!" I heard a soft, scared voice. Shaking me awake. I slowly opened one of my eyes, to look who was here. To look who was shaking me. I stared at 2 beautiful Ocean Blue eyes. The ones that Ca- Fuck.. This is Castle.

"Castle?!" I opened my other eye as well.

"I am so glad you woke up."

"What? Why?"

"Oh god no.. Please no memory loss."

"I know why, easy cowboy. But One, why are you here? Two, where are we? Three, who took us? And why am I handuffed?!" I asked.

"One, I don't know. Two, I don't know. Three, I don't know. And I don't know."

"Shit..."

"Why do you think we're here?"

"You know. I have no idea, they took me. I guess, and went for you. Or other way. But we're somewhere in a basement. With a table for 2, a bed for 2. and a mini window.." I said when I looked around the room quickly.

"Seems like they don't want to kill us?"

"Don't be sure about one thing writerboy." I said and tried to stand up, but Castle didn't let me. Since we were handcuffed, I couldn't go somewhere on my own...

"You're staying on the same place were you woke up lady."

"Why? I did nothing wrong! So my karma is, being handcuffed to my boyfriend. In a nasty basement. Do you think I like this?"

"There isn't a tiger this time."

"Don't say that loud." The door opened when I said that. And a guy, dressed in all black, came into the room.