Chapter 1

Another stressful morning, I didn't even have time to eat breakfast.

I took my stuff and ran out of the house.

"Bye" I shouted as the door slammed after me.

"How come I'm always late, I need to get up earlier" I hummed. I didn't notice a boy coming from the other direction. Great! I ran into him.

"I'm sorry" I exclaimed before noticing I was about to drop my stuff. I heard a loud thud. "I'm so clumsy" I continued.

"That's okay" the boy replied. "I'm sorry to ask you in this kind of situation but do you know where NYC High School is? I'm totally lost"

I stood up after taking up my stuff from the ground. "Yeah" I nodded. "Actually I'm on my way there now, want to come with me?"

"That's so nice, thank you" the boy smiled.

"It'll take about a quarter to get there from here so maybe we should get to know each other, or yeah, at least know each other's names" I laughed. "I'm Zoe"

"Cute name" We started to walk. "I'm Niall"

"That's a cool name! Are you new in the school by the way?"

"Yeah" Niall smiled cheeky. "I just moved here from Mullingar, Ireland"

"I love Ireland! I've been there once but I would totally go there again if I could"

"Why?" Niall raised an eyebrow. "I mean, it's not a big deal"

"Yes it is! It's so cool! But how come you moved to New York out of all places?"

"My dad got a new job here and we didn't want him to go here alone because if he would we wouldn't have got to see him a lot you know"

"Yeah, I understand" I smiled to him. "But it's fun you moved here, you seem like a nice guy"

"Thank you, you seem like a nice girl you too" Niall smiled back. We turned around the corner to a house and came to the school. It was empty outside the school, which means we were late.

"Great" I sighed. "We're late"

"That's a good first day at school" Niall laughed.

"By the way your accent is so cool, I love it!"

"Haha thank you I like your American accent as well"

I smiled at him. "Lets get to class, have you got your schedule yet?"

He shook his head. "They said I should go to the principal office before the school start which I'm late to now"

"Ill come with you"

"No" Niall stopped walking. "You have class?"

"I'm already late, 5 to 10 minutes more wont make a big difference"

"Okay then" Niall nodded and started to walk again.

"Here it is" I looked in the direction of the principal office. "Do you want me to come with you inside?"

"Sure"

We turned direction and started walking towards the office. We stopped when we heard someone clear their throat behind us. We turned around and saw the principal.

"Oh" I looked at Niall and then at the principal. "hi we were ju-"

"Miss Walker aren't you late to class?" He interrupted me.

"Sorry, I-"

"Who's this?" the principal asked and studied Niall from head to toe. He stopped by his eyes.

"I-" Niall cleared his throat. "I'm Niall sir"

"Oh you're the new boy" the principal opened the door to his office. "Come in"

Niall turned around and stepped into the office. I was just about to step in me too but the principal stopped me.

"Miss Walker, go to your class"

"But"

"No but's"

"But I can show him around the class ends in 20 minutes anyways"

The principal became quiet like as if he was thinking.

"I think it's better if you go to your class"

I sighed and turned around.

"Wait we take the same class" I heard Niall say from behind me. I turned around again and looked at the principal that was looking at me. He sighed and showed with his hand that I could come in. I walked into the office and leaned against the wall.

It took about 5 minutes for them to finish their talk.

"Okay then Mr Horan, I hope you'll like this school, if you have any questions it's just to stop by any time except for in the middle of your classes.

Niall nodded and took his new material that he'd got.