Chapter 81 : Huntington Beach and Griffith's Observatory

Start from the beginning

"Throwing your body onto a crowd of people? Sounds awesome," Michael said.

"I feel like people will try to steal your wallets or something," Ashton spoke up.

Suddenly a ball came flying in and landed in the sand in front of us.

It was a soccer ball.

"Hey can you kick the ball over?"

I turned my head away from the ball and in the direction in which the voice came.

It was a girl, with blonde hair, tan skin and an orange bikini.

"Can you get the ball, please?" She asked with a smile.

"Gonna get the ball, Calum?" Ashton asked.

I got up and grabbed the ball.

I held it in front of me and drop-kicked it.

She caught it.

"Thanks, cutie," She said with a wink before turning and running back to her group of friends.

I sat next to Helen on the sand once again.

Awkward silence surrounded the five of us.

The only noise came from the waves, dogs barking, and the occasional girl scream/laugh.

"Well," Michael said breaking the silence, "This is awkward. There may be a little bit of jealousy between you two." He motioned between me and Helen.

"Oh, I'm not jealous. See there is a little thing called 'Trust' and I trust Calum," Helen said.

"Can I talk to you, privately?" I asked Helen.

"Yea, sure," She replied.

"Excuse us, lads," I said and got off the sand once again.

I helped Helen up and we started walking on the sand away from the pier.

The sun was still out but was starting to go down.

I looked over my shoulder to make sure they couldn't hear us.

"Do you really?" I asked Helen.

"Do I really what?" She asked.

"Trust me."

"Yea, whole heartily, one hundred percent trust you, Calum."

"How? I mean after what you went through with that douche bag, Brad. How can you trust me. Or anyone for that matter."

"I don't know. It just feels right. I know you'd never do that to me, you're a sweetheart and you're so nice. I just know you wouldn't do that. Plus my feeling have never been this strong for a person as much as they are for you, Cal."

I wrapped my hand around hers.

"And I know it's bad but I'll love you unconditionally," She said.

"That is bad," I said and we both laughed.

"It is because I love you like a dog loves their human. Whatever you do to me, weather you hurt me, or put me through immense pain, I'll still love you."

I looked at her and stopped walking.

I cupped her face and lightly kissed her lips.

"I'll still love you, whatever hell you put me through," I whispered into her ear.

She smiled slyly.

We turned around and walked back to the pier.

"It's at 7, let's go to Griffith's Observatory," Helen said once we got back to the guys.