Chapter 13 : My Worst Nightmare

| Helen |

I was surrounded by darkness.

"Hello?" I asked. My voice echoed. Suddenly a light appeared, and a dark figure stood under it.

"Luke?" I asked. No response.

"Calum?" I took a step forward.

"Ashton?" I took another step.

"Michael?" Still no response. The figure turned around, to reveal my ex-boyfriend and greatest fear.

I stumbled back, "Brad?"

He stepped forward and I backed away.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice was full of fear.

"You left me," He said in his deep voice.

"You hurt me," I replied. He ran towards me and pinned me against a wall, that I didn't know was there.

"Say you want me back," He growled into my neck.

"No," I said. I was trembling, I tried to push him off, but he was too strong.

"Say it."

"Never."

He started planting kisses on my neck.

"Stop," I said sternly through gritted teeth. "Brad, stop!"

He stepped back and slapped me across my face. I screamed and clutched my cheek. I collapsed on the ground, Brad hovering above me and I knew this was over. He started punching me.

"Brad, stop that hurts! No, no, no, Brad, that hurts. Stop, please!"

I screamed and sat bolt upright. My bedroom door flew open and Luke ran towards me.

"Shh, shh, Helen," he held me tight as I burst out crying. "Calum check the room, make sure no one is here," Luke said. I heard footsteps, which must have been Cal.

"What happened?" Luke asked.

"I-I-I had a nightmare," I sobbed into his chest.

"It's okay, you're safe now," Luke said silently.

"No one," Cal said.

"Thanks, you can go back downstairs, I'll stay with Helen," Luke replied.

"No problem, don't worry, Helen, you'll be safe with me and the guys on duty," Calum said.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Thanks Calum." He smiled, that gorgeous smile and left the room.

"Helen you are shaking like crazy," Luke said.

"I-I know," I muttered. Luke leaned against my bed frame and pulled the covers over me. Tears were still falling from my eyes.

"It all felt so real, Luke, the nightmare felt real," I said and cried some more.

"Hey, shh, shh, it's okay, you're safe, don't worry. I won't let anything hurt you," Luke whispered and held me tight. But I was not okay, I will never be the same. Brad broke me.