Chapter 49 : It's Only A Date. No, it's THE Date!

| Helen |

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. Today is my date with Calum. Fuck, I'm nervous. I sat up and checked my phone. I had a text from Calum. I smiled as I opened the text.

Calum: Good morning, beautiful. How did you sleep? :)

Me: Good morning Calum, I slept well, thank you for asking. How about you?

Calum: Slept good. I admit, I did toss and turn before I slept

Me: Now, why is that, Mr. Hood?

Calum: Just had a lot of things on my mind

Me: Aren't going to fall asleep during our date, right?

Calum: Don't worry, sweetheart, I'll be wide awake.

I was smiling like an idiot when he called me 'sweetheart.'

Calum: And If I'm not wide awake then you can pour cold water on me.

Me: Will do, Hood

Calum: Glad I can trust you with that, Hemmings

Me: You can always trust me

Calum: I know. So I'll pick you up six.

Me: Great, see you then.

Calum: Okay :)

I locked my phone and dragged myself out of bed. It was currently eleven. I opened my bedroom door and the smell of waffled slapped me in the face. My mouth watered. I walked down the stairs and my mom stood at the kitchen stove.

"Good morning, sweetie," She said as she stacked three pancakes on a plate.

"Morning, Mom," I said and took the plate. I poured syrup on them.

"So, today is your date with Calum, huh?"

"Yea," I replied.

"You excited?"

"Yes," I said.

"You'll be okay. Calum is a great boy," She said.

"I know," I replied.

"Well, I'm off," She said and grabbed her camera bag and car keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Sandy Smith and her family want me to do a photoshoot for them. After that I have a couple that want me to take wedding pictures of them," She said.

"Oh, but mom, should I wear a dress? I mean I know that isn't my style and I don't like dresses, but, I don't know," I said.

"Go with what feels best. What makes you feel confident," She replied.

"OKay," I said.

"You'll look absolutely gorgeous either way."

I smiled slyly.

She kissed my forehead and left out the door.

I turned back to my waffles and began eating slowly.

I only have two dresses. A black high-low dress and a short red one. I don't own any pair of heels. Only Converse, Vans, combat boots, and Nikes.

My phone dinged. I got a text from Adin.

Adin: Guess who got invited to Dylan Rodder's New Year's party?

Me: Victoria Hernandez?

Adin: No, you bitch, me! I got invited!

Me: You get invited every year.

Back in California, Dylan Rodder was one of the school's most popular guy. Mostly because he threw one of the biggest New Year's parties every year. I'm talking music blaring from speakers and bar with all the alcohol you can think of.

Adin: Yea, I do, but I always get excited!

Me: Have fun without me

Adin: I won't but I'll try, you were my drinking buddy :(

Me: Ha yea.

Adin: Alright this party I am at is about to start, talk to ya later. Bye

Me: Bye

I locked my phone and continued eating my waffles. I heard foot steps and turned around. Luke was walking down the stairs, his hair was flat and plastered to one side.

"I've never seen flat-haired Luke," I said.

"Yea, well enjoy it while it lasts," He replied.

I gave him a plate that had four waffles on them and he took it. He poured a buttload of syrup and began inhaling them.

"You sure are hungry," I said.

"I have the metabolism of a futbol player," He replied.

"Well I have the metabolism of a runner, because I am one."

I finished eating and washed my plate. I sat on the living room couch and watched 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.'

Luke joined me about ten minutes later and we sat there and watched. We couldn't stop laughing during the funny parts.

After that we watched some murder investigation shows.

"I have watched so many of these, I could literally commit a murder and get away with it," I said.

"Should I be scared?" Luke asked.

I looked at him, "Just sleep with one eye open."

We both burst out laughing.

After eating one last time and watching a coupe more hours of TV, I decided to get ready.

I got into the shower and made sure my hair and body were clean and felt refreshed. I turned the water off and dried myself off.

I walked over to my closet and stared at my wardrobe. I pulled out my black dress. I bit my lip thoughtfully as I made up my mind.

Fuck, this is difficult.

After about twenty minutes of decision making I decided to wear the dress. I slipped on the dress and pulled the zipper up. It was strapless.

I blow dried my hair and used my hair curler-that I have only used twice-to make give my hair a wavy look. I slipped on some black converse and looked at myself in the mirror.

I huffed.

I opened my door and poked my head out, "Luke!" I called out.

Luke came running up the stairs.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Does this look okay?" I asked and opened the door, fully.

"Helen, you look beautiful," He smiled.

I frowned, "You sure?"

"Yes, I'm positive. Absolutely stunning."

I smiled a little, "Okay."

The doorbell rang and my heart beat quickened. It was at 5:58.

"I'll go get the door," Luke said.

"Okay, I just gotta, I um-I'll just try to slow my heartbeat down."

He laughed and walked out my room and down the stairs.

Calum is down there, probably looking like a model. And I look like, I don't even know.

No negativity! Calum is a sweet, very good-looking guy, calm down. You can do this. Calum gave me a feeling Brad never did. Butterflies maybe?

I took a deep breath and grabbed my phone before walking downstairs.