Chapter 29 : Touch

| Helen |

When Calum called me gorgeous I felt all giggle and happy. I stood at the sink of the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror. Took a deep breath.

"Calm down, you are on a date with a really hot guy, just calm down," I said to myself.

No, its not a date. Just a friendly outing. Don't get my hopes up. It's okay, he doesn't have feelings for me. But do I have feelings for Calum? Probably.

I might not win Adin's bet after all. I splashed cool water on my face then dried myself off. I walked out the door and back to our booth.

Calum was standing their with his hands stuffed in his pockets. Looking as handsome as ever. He looked up at me and smiled that gorgeous smile that was very contagious.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yea," I reply.

The waiter that attended us came back with a small piece of paper and handed it to Calum.

"Have a great day," he said and walked off.

"Calum! I told you not to pay for the whole bill."

"The guy never makes the pretty girl pay," he said.

"Still."

I smiled and stood on my tip toes to kiss his cheek but I couldn't reach.

"Could you lean down a little?" I asked.

Calum smirked and leaned down. I pecked his cheek.

"Thank you Calum."

"It was my pleasure."

Calum led me to the car and opened my door. Once we both were in the car, Calum started the engine and drove onto the road. Calum turned up the volume and the speakers blasted 'East Jesus Nowhere' by Green Day. We both sang along until we arrived at my house. I got out before Calum could get the door for me.

"That's my job," he said and stuck out his lower lip.

"You have already done enough, Calum," I said with a smile.

"Did you have fun?" He asked.

"Yea! I had a blast! We should hang out more often," I said.

Ashton's car wasn't in the driveway.

"Guess they aren't back yet," Calum said.

"Maybe. Let's go inside," I said and unlocked the house door. Calum closed the door behind him and shoved his hands in his pockets. He seemed nervous.

"Calum, come here real quick," I said.

He shuffled his feet towards me until we were only foot apart. I closed the gap between us and pressed my ear to his chest, where his heart was.

"Uh, Helen?" He asked awkwardly.

Calum's heart was thumping loudly and very fast.

"Are you nervous? Why are you nervous?" I asked with a smile.

"Because you make me nervous," he said and I looked at him in the eyes. Those beautiful eyes that made me melt.

"Why would I make you nervous?" I asked not dropping my gaze.

"Because you are beautiful," he said and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I raised an eyebrow at his sudden confidence. he only smiled widely. I placed one hand on his chest and the other on his bicep.

My eyes drifted from his eyes to his lips. He got the idea and leaned in, pulling me closed to his body.

I could feel his hot breath against my lips, it smelled like mint.

Our lips just about to touch.....I heard the front door unlock and I quickly pulled away.