Chapter 10 : She's Radioactive

| Calum |

She kissed me on the cheek, her lips were warm, leaving me wanting more. She smiled. Suddenly her phone rang. She looked down and smiled.

"Well, Hello, baby," She answered.

My heart sank, she has a boyfriend maybe.

"I'm fine, thank you for asking. I'm holding up well, thank you very much, Adin. How's..." she paused and waited. "I see, jerk hasn't done anything right?" She laughed. "Oh, Jesus, maybe I'll go back to California and so some fixing. Alright talk to you later, bye," She hung up.

"Who's Adin?" I asked.

"Oh, he's been my best friend since I moved to California, he is a like a brother to me," She said. I relaxed a little.

"Well, if you don't mind, I want to changed into something more comfortable, it is Friday after all," She jumped off the couch and ran up the stairs. About a minute later she had 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons playing on the speakers. The intro began and Helen sang along.

"I'm waking up to ash and dust I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust, I'm breathing in the chemicals.....ah, I'm breaking in, shaping up, and checking out of the prison bus. This is is, the apocalypse. Oh oh, I'm waking up! I feel it in my bones, enough to make my system blow! Welcome to the new age, to the new age, welcome to the new age, to the new age. Whoa, whoa, I'm Radioactive Radioactive."

Helen's singing is beautiful. Smooth but powerful. I didn't want it to end.