Chapter 58 : What Happened

| Helen |

I opened my eyes but squinted at the light that poured through my curtains.

I checked the time.

1:48 PM

Holy shit! What time did I go to sleep last night? I remember texting Adin, getting those anonymous texts, texting Adin again, watching Calum and Michael play FIFA, Luke asking me what's wrong.

I of course said I was okay.

Then I remember Skyping Adin and some other of my friends from California, that have not called me a slut, yet. Hopefully they don't.

I dragged myself out of my bed and went into the bathroom. I showered, dried myself off and changed into some tight black jeans, a Green Day muscle shirt, that had the American Idiot album artwork on it and some black Converse.

I walked downstairs and poured myself some cereal and milk. I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. I watched 'The Fairly Odd Parents' for a while then switched it to the movie 'Divergent.'

It was a really good movie. It;s my fourth time watching it and I still love it.

Towards the end of the movie the front door started to unlock. The door flew open to reveal Luke standing there, in his Rolling Stones shirt, black tight jeans and Converse.

He fell, face first onto the living room carpet.

"Luke!" I screamed and rushed to his side.

"Luke, what's wrong?" I asked and flipped him onto his back. His eyes were closed.

"Luke, please be alive. I'm CPR certified, please don't die!"

"I hate school," he mumbled.

"Is that it?" I asked.

He nodded.

I exhaled.

"You scared me Luke! I thought you fainted," I said shaking his shoulders.

"Easy there," He said and propped himself up on his elbows.

I huffed and went back to the couch.

"Gee thanks for helping me up," He muttered.

"Luke, you're an anchor, if I try to help you up, you're just going to pull me down with you," I said.

"True."

"So, how was school?" I asked.

"Boring as fuck," Luke replied.

I nodded.

"We got a lot of stares when we entered the hall. Rebecca's gang kept on giving up scared looks. Rebecca wasn't back yet. Maybe she'll be back on Monday, like you." Luke said.

"They didn't talk about me, right?" I asked.

"Yes, they did. As we walked the halls, I heard them whisper your name. Along with the words, 'fight,' 'broken nose,' 'she almost got knocked out,' 'Rebecca got her ass beat my Luke's sister.'"

I groaned, "Fucking great."

"What?" Luke asked.

"I'm going to get hella stares when I walk into school. And you know how I feel about people staring," I replied.

I checked my phone. My twitter notifications were blowing up. Hate tweets, of course.

"What's up?" Luke asked.

"Drama," I grumbled.

Luke raised and eyebrow.

"With my California friends," I cleared.

"What happened?" Luke asked.

"Lies and hate is what happened," I replied.

"On who?"

"Me."

"What? Why?"

"Rumors are spreading around, saying that I cheated on Brad, and that's why I moved here," I explained.

"Are you fucking serious?" Luke roared.

"I'm dead serious, Luke," I said looking at him in the eyes.

"What are they saying?"

"The usual things people say when someone cheats. They are calling me a slut and pathetic," I said.

"That's not true. You're not a slut," Luke said softly.

"I know I'm not a slut. I'm still a virgin god dammit."

"Really? You're still a virgin?" Luke asked surprised.

"Yea. Why?" I asked.

"Just shocked. But that's good, I guess," he replied.

"Luke you just made this really uncomfortable for me," I admitted.

We both burst out laughing.

"What time did you wake up?" he asked.

"Like an hour ago," I replied.

"You lazy ass," He joked.

"I fell asleep late," I said.

"So, are you and Calum official?"

"What do you mean by official?" I asked.

Luke rolled his eyes, "Are you his girlfriend?"

"I don't know," I admitted, "He hasn't told me anything about that."

"Mhmm," was all Luke said.

"Why what did he say?" I asked trying not to sound eager.

"He didn't tell me anything about that. Not sure if he told Michael or Ash anything," Luke said.

When will Calum ask me to be his girlfriend?

Will he even ask me?

Or just dive right in?

So many questions, yet not answers.

If we do date, who will say the L-word first?

Me?

Calum?

Or what?