Chapter 76 : Talk With Ashton

Start from the beginning

I pointed to the hallway, "First door to the left."

He shuffled his feet forward and a couple seconds later I heard the door close and lock.

I gently spread the jelly on the wound.

"Hold on," I told Calum.

I went back to the garage and opened a wooden cabinet. I grabbed a puffy white gauze and some bandage.

I closed the cabinet and went back to Calum.

I placed the gauze over the scrape and started wrapping the bandage around it.

"How do you know all this?" Ashton asked.

"I took sports medicine for a semester," I replied and continued to wrap.

Michael plopped back down on the couch.

"Not too tight, right?" I asked Calum.

"No, its fine," He said.

"Okay all done," I said.

"Thanks."

"Look, I'm sorry for what happened. I feel guilty because I dragged you into this. I didn't want for it to lead into a fight. Should have stopped it sooner. I was just in shock," I said. "I'm so stupid," I whispered the last part.

"It's not your fault," Luke said.

"Yea, none of us planned on getting in a fight. Plus we wouldn't jut let Brad get away with that," Calum added.

"Calum's right," Michael agreed.

"You didn't drag us into this, Helen. We chose to be here," Ashton said.

I shook my head, "Still."

I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom. I grabbed my iPod from my nightstand and went back down the stairs.

I plugged the iPod into the surround system and played some The 1975.

These guys are probably exhausted.

I had a played all of The 1975's slow songs. Along with other bands or artists.

The soothing music played from the speakers.

The guys closed their eyes.

I stood up and quietly walked out of the living room and into the backyard.

Billie Joe was laying next to the pool.

"Catching some sun, boy?" I asked.

He lifted his head and looked at me.

I smiled and sat on a chair in the shade.

I scrolled through Twitter then Instagram. Checked all my SnapChat stories and of course Madison and Charlize's snapchat stories always cracked me up.

On one of them they caught Josh and Brooke kissing behind the school.

Another showed Emily and Nena pulling a prank on Marly, Meg, Annabelle, Clary and Sarah.

Taylor and Katy had an arm wrestling match.

It didn't show who won.

I heard the glass door open.

I looked over my shoulder. It was Ash.

"Hey Ashton, what's up?"

"Nothing, just wanted some fresh air," he said and sat in the chair next to me.

I nodded.

"Your pool is huge," He said.

"Yea it is," I laughed slightly.