The Night Everything Changed(Josh Hutcherson Fan Fiction)

I was sitting in English class, staring out the window, bored as usual. Mr.Collins, my teacher, has a monotone voice; it makes every second drag on and on forever.  I was about to dose off when  Alice, my best friend, texted me.

It said; "Avan is throwing a major party at our house tonight. He said only one of my friends could come so like always I'm picking you. Are you in?"

I looked up to make sure Mr.Collins was still looking down at his book and replied; "Of course I'm in. My mom is still out of town but I'll ask her just in case she comes home early."

It took her not even a minute to reply; "Okay! I know Momma Jackson will say yes! Just tell her you're staying all night with me. I'll see you at lunch!"

I looked at the clock, only 5 more minutes until I'm out of this boring class. I start to stare out the window again when Mr.Collins says, "Ms.Jackson, will you please tell me what's so interesting outside?"

I looked up at him and said,"Nothing sir."

He says," Well, will you please actually listen next class?"

"Yes sir," I tell him. He starts to say something else but the bell stops him.

I hurry out of the classroom, go straight to my locker, and throw my books in there. I start making my way to the lunchroom when a hand stops me and pulls me to the side. I start to say something when they cut me off by saying," Are you going to Avan's party tonight?"

I look up and see that it's Connor Hutcherson. I say," Yes, why?"

Connor asks,"How do you always get to go all those parties when you're not even related to anyone famous?"

"Alice is Avan's sister. Didn't you know that?"

"I knew that but what does that have to do with you?"

"Alice is my best friend. Why are you asking me all these questions? I'm going to be late for lunch," I say, annoyed.

" I just wanted to know how you always got to go. My brother will hardly ever take me with him. I'll let you go so you won't starve. Bye Alexis."

"Yeah, bye," I tell him then hurry to the lunch room. The line is so long, I'm never going to get something before lunch ends. 

I start looking for Alice and as always she's sitting in our normal sits in the corner away from everyone. I decide to text her to tell her where I am, " I'm near the back of the line because I was late getting here. I'll be there soon enough."

She replies a few minutes later," I got you a sandwich. Come on and tell me what happened."

I make my way to our table and sit down across from her. She looks at me and says,"Well tell me."

So I tell her about my conversation with Connor.

She gasps and says," Why would he want to know? He could come if he wanted to. It's not your fault his big brother won't let him."

I say," Yeah I know. Who is his brother anyway?"

She looks at me like I'm crazy and says,"Josh Hutcherson."

"Who?"

She looks at me shocked ,"How don't you know who he is? He has been acting since he was like four!"

"Well sorry I'm not big on watching movies."

"He played Peeta in the hunger games movie," She tells me.

"I read the books but I never really wanted to see the movie," I say, shrugging.

,"Well you need to. He is an amazing Peeta. Maybe you'll get to meet him tonight."

"Yeah like he would talk to me," I laugh.

She says,"He will. He is friends with Avan, and he says he's really easy to get along with," She smiles.

"If I run into him I'll talk but that's the only way."

Alice smiles once again and says,"okay."

We just have small talk the rest of lunch.
When the bell rings, she says,"Meet me by my locker after 4th block and we can go to your house to get ready there."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

My next classes drag on and on just like English. I just play games on my phone and text people until the end of 4th block. When the last bell rings I walk to my locker,throw my history books in there, and basically run to Alice's locker.

She grins when she sees me and says,"Ready to go?"

I smile back and say,"Yes."

-------------------------------------------------------

Alice sighs and says,"You have too many clothes to pick from!"

I laugh," Alice, just pick something already we have an hour to get there."

"How did you find something so easy and fast?"

"Well it is my closest so I know where everything is."

"Help me find something then!"

I walk out my bathroom with half my hair curled and show her where everything she might like is. She looks at me and laughs.

I look at her confused,"What's so funny?"

She laughs again,"You just look so weird with your hair half straight and half curled."

I roll my eyes," Oh whatever," and walk into the bathroom to finish my hair.

Alice comes in and starts to go over her hair with my straighter.

We stand there in silence for a few moments before she says,"Oh yeah I talked to Avan earlier about Josh."

"What about him?"

She smirks," Well Avan just agrees that it would be a great idea if you two meet."

I stop curling my hair and turn to her," What?! No. Why would you do that?"

"Someone is nervous," She laughs.

"No I'm not. Answer my question," I say, a little annoyed.

She rolls her eyes,"Alex you will love him. He's so nice. You'll thank me later."

I sigh and finish my hair before saying,"Maybe you're right. It won't hurt anything."

She smiles and screams," Yay! Goody! I knew you would agree. One thing you should know though."

"And that is?"

"He's 20."

I sigh," Why should I meet him if he's that much older?"

"Don't worry he acts just like Avan. You won't even notice how old he is."

"I guess not," I tell her, trying to convince myself more than her.

She looks at her phone and says,"Well we should make our way there then."

I smile,"Lets go."

******
I've been thinking about writing a Fan Fiction for a long time and just now got a chance to. I hope you like it. Tell me what you think!

Comment and vote!

-Hannah.

*edited 12-6-23*
Story line is the same. I edited so that it's a little easier to read.