"Silence." I heard the king say. I had no clue as to what they were talking about. "This discussion can take place later. Son, do the honors."

David stepped forward. Strategically I could see what the king had just done. By asking David to step forward he was implying his faith in his sons competence and for the people to start seeing his son the way they see him; the King. It was a smart move that I had not noticed earlier. If you just do it enough times you get unconscious acceptance from the people, like a brain washing mechanism.

I also noticed small cameras placed that were covering David. Why hadn't I noticed them before? Was that media in the vampire world? I must say they were very organized.

"We are gathered here today to welcome our newest member of the council. Put your hands together for Elizabeth Cromwell Mason!"

There was a huge applause. I walked towards the raised platform.

'When did my name start having Cromwell in it?'

'Mason is your family name but you come from the Cromwell bloodline and if you ever paid attention bloodlines are very important.'

He gave me the microphone! I didn't know I had to say a few words too otherwise I would have prepared something but I decided to go with the flow.

After all I was born to do all this and it ran in my blood.

"I am honored to be here and be part of this council. To do as much as possible for the people of this kingdom." Something dangerous sparkled in my eyes. "To do what my parents would've wanted for this kingdom. To make my grandfather Benjamin proud!" and with that I left the stage.

I had stunned most of the people including the royals. They stood there with pale faces in my wake.

What they all had been saying suddenly clicked when I saw the headlines of the newspapers lying on the round table for all the old council men who wanted to update themselves with current affairs and did not get a chance to do it in the morning to do it.

And I was it. I was the headline of every newspaper; 'The Mason heir and her generosity; a valuable lesson for all to learn.' 'The Mason heir shows the world that royal blood cannot be replicated.' 'Elizabeth Mason: the rightful heir.'

The world was dividing all over again and I had just started a very dangerous game of shifting the balance of power. No wonder everyone was flabbergasted.

Some thought I was being generous and endorsing the royal families reign and some thought I was challenging it.

Soon, as expected David approached me and in a serious tone said "What was that all about?"

"Nothing." I said innocently.

"Is this about what happened earlier?" he whispered.

"What ever do you mean?" I said dramatically.

"You know what I mean."

"Oh the kiss?" I said as if it had slipped my mind. "I thought you said I should ignore it."

"Your survival is in me and mine is in yours Elizabeth. Tread very carefully; some might retaliate in ways you won't even imagine." He nodded towards the council men. There was something about the way he said this that made it sound like genuine concern. I really thought he would give me more of a reaction in regards to me trying to snatch away or grab at his power. But all he said was concern for me and my survival. I felt the darkness within me slip away.

I looked away ashamed but my eyes met Keisha giving me a glare. Had she heard about the kiss? I hope not because she makes everything personal and always tries to make my life hell and really as a dying girl I didn't really want any more enemies than I already had. Plus finally things with her felt like they were on the right track.