Chapter 33

Lol so I dreamt I was in the walking dead " world" in the same situation as Ross ( I've been bitten and had to run away to not hurt my family), but then Pewdiepie showed up and we were in a new world like a video game. I should stop writing and watch youtube videos before sleeping😂

••••••
ROSS

When I wake up, I'm still laid down on the cold floor, curled up in a ball, and my thoughts are still clear. They're echoing painfully inside my brain. I let out a long whimper as I hold my head between my hands. I'm burning up, and sweat is dripping on my forehead.

At least I'm not Infected yet. And it stopped burning inside.

I eventually open my eyes, and notice the room is already bathed in light. I take my time to sit, my back leaned on the wall. I glance at my watch. 9am. I should leave soon. The others are probably looking for me already. I hope they went toward the left, the other side, so it'll give me time to get away.

I pick the stuffs I got out yesterday, and put them back in my backpack. Seeing a cereal bar I brought with me, I realise I'm actually starving. I grab it and put it in my pocket. I'll eat it on the way.

Before leaving once for all, I check my left hand. It's way less painful than yesterday as well. The blood stain, which got brownish, spread a little, but nothing to worry about. I'd change the bandages if I need to later.

I finally get up, and head for the front door, the same thoughts repeating in my head since I woke up. It's incredible. I'm still alive, human. This is not normal though, not normal at all. Not that I complain about it, but the Infection usually last less than a hour. Not 4 days. And with the anger excesses and the pain I felt, it should have been the end for me this morning.

But no. Here I am, still standing, going outside.

I close my eyes and put my hand in front of them when the first rays of sunshine hit me. It's really hot, and it's only the morning. I didn't remember the sun burnt that much. I've lived here since I'm 13, I'm used to the californian sun. I close the door behind my back as I put my backpack back on my shoulders.

Under the tension of yesterday, I didn't brought sunglasses with me. And I didn't thought I would've made it till the morning to be honest. It would've been a great idea though, it seems like my eyes don't want to get used to the daylight.

Nevermind, I must move on anyway.

I make for the asphalt, and go to the right. I decided to go to the city. It's the best option. If I transfom, which will happen soon, I don't want to be around to harm them.

Riker, Ryland, Rydel and Hailey. I hope they're fine. I hope they'll get through. But I also hope that they won't look for me, and most of all that they will never find me.

I hurry up, and end up running with long strides under the scorching sun.

••••••

RIKER

"Come on guys, we gotta leave! Now!" I shout through the house. It's been 5 minutes I'm pacing up and down in the entrance. I'm probably passing my stress to everyone, but it's for the better. We wanted to leave early, as soon as the sun raises, to go look for Ross. He can't be far, he's by foot, we have a car. Everything should have been taken place well. We decided to stay awake till the morning, but we were so exhausted and afflicted, that we fell asleep, Rydel, Ryland and I. We just woke up 10 minutes ago. It's only 10:20 am, but it's already too late.

"We're coming!" I hear someone shout, probably Ryland. He joins me in a few seconds, a gun hung up on his belt. I notice his cheeks are still stained by the tears of the night. He must have seen me staring, because he quickly look away.