Chapter 32

ROCKY

"Are you sure it's a good idea?" Maddy whispers leaning toward me.

"Of course it is, my ideas are always great." I wink at her. I reposition my pillow and stuffs as I feel them sliding from my arms.

This fabulous idea is to do a sleepover in Ethan's room tonight. The poor boy has been very down lately, and as friends, it's our duty to bring a smile back on his face. Maddy wasn't sure about this, and I can tell she still is. We are in the corridor standing in front of Ethan's room, so it's too late to give up now anyway.

"Believe me." I insist." It'll work." I gently knock on the door, waiting for Ethan to invite us. We only hear a weak voice telling us to come in. Maddy and I glance at each other. It'll maybe be harder than I thought.

I open the door, and we step in. A sad song that I never heard before is playing. As for Ethan, he's laid on his bed his hands folded across his stomach, and he stares blankly at the ceiling. He didn't even hear us.

"Hum... Ethan?" Maddy says to show our presence as she puts her stuffs down. He leans on his elbow to raise his body a bit, as a frown appears on his face.

"What are you doing here?"

"We just knocked, and you told us to come in. Don't you remember?"

"Oh. Yeah. Whatever." He lays back on his bed, but this time, puts his hands behind his neck. Maddy glances at me, waiting for me to do something.

"Ethan, we're gonna stay with you tonight."
This finally make him sit at the edge of his bed.

"What did you say?"

"We're gonna stay with you, to talk, and why not have fun." Maddy slightly smiles to help me. Ethan doesn't really look enthusiastic. He looks at us, and look away again not saying anything.

I put my pillow on the floor and I head to his chest of drawers ignoring him. I can tell he's hiding his feelings right now. If he doesn't want to talk, fine. I won't talk neither.
I open one of the drawer.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He protests as he gets up.

"Removing all the sharp items of this room. I don't want you to make silly things again." I say rummaging through what seems to be his clothes.

"You can't rummaging in my privates stuffs like that!" He tries to push me away. He's furious. At least it's an emotion. My fingertips eventually touch a cold object. I take it out, and I notice it's a Swiss army knife. I'm about to put it in my pocket, but Ethan puts his hand on mine to stop me.

"No! Please you can't take it!" He half yells. I can see the panick in his eyes.

"Why not?" I raise an eyebrow. His expression radically changes, from panicked to embarrassed, his cheeks red.

"It belonged to my father." He whispers looking down.

This knife has a sentimental value. I can't throw it away. I glance at Maddy behind us, who nods slightly at me.

"I'll bring it in my room, and I'll give it back to you when you'll feel okay again, okay?" I put a hand on Ethan's shoulder. He doesn't say anything. I sigh and turn around, looking for others sharp items. My eyes meet the razors in the toilet case on the chest of drawers. I grab them too.

"What? Even my razors?" He protests." I didn't even use them to cut my..."

"Listen Ethan." I cut him off coldly. He looks up at me, fear in his eyes. Maybe I was a bit too harsh. But he doesn't want to admit he has a problem. I don't want to do it, but someone has to. I must tell him.