Chapter Nine

******

I have to warn you, there is some violence in this chapter, but I think it will be okay...
Hope you will like it!

******
ROSS

I'm woken up by something that falls on me. I raise my eyes with a questioning look. It's Riker.

"Oh sorry Ross... I didn't mean to wake you up, but I need to go to the bathroom and it's kinda an emergency..."

"Don't worry, it's okay, I needed to get up anyway." I smile.

He smiles back and go to the bathroom. Meanwhile I get up and prepare the breakfast. Cold milk and some biscuits that we found in apartments. Rudimentary, I know, but it's all we had. It was great to talk with Riker, I relieved all my stress . It was very great, even if I don't really know what Riker thinks about it. I'm 19 and I cried half of the night in his arms, and I slept with him, like a 8 years old kid who want to sleep with his parents after a nightmare.

Riker goes into the kitchen and make me go out of my thoughts.

"Hey bro!" He smiles sitting opposite to me . But his smile disappears.

"What's wrong?"

I feel that I blush and I decide to look at my glass of milk, so he won't see my face.

"Hey Ross you can tell me everything you know?" I toss my biscuit in my glass.

"It's um... About yesterday."

"What do you mean?"

"Um... Well, I'm 19 and I cried all night in..."

Riker cuts me off.

"It's normal to cry for this. Totally normal. Especially in the world we live in now. And it was the same for me when I was drunk, so don't worry about this. You needed to relieve all the stress." He puts his hand on mine and smiles at me.

"Everytime you need me, to talk or anything else, I'm here for you okay?"

I smile a little , feeling better and reassured, thanks to Riker. I'm really lucky to have him as a brother. We finish to eat and get ready. We have decided to begin the patrols again, even if Rocky wasn't here anymore to help us to fight them. He was a really good fighter.

"Everything's okay? Can we go?"

"Yeah I think so" I answer putting my gun in my belt.

I try to use my gun at least, to keep as many munitions as possible. Maybe one day we will need a lot of bullets, I just hope that this day won't happen. However we will have loaded weapons, we will only be two. Against them.

So I favor bladed weapons. I don't know why but I aim very well, so the knifes are more than enough.

I put a long knife in my belt and we go outside. It's sunny today, usual for a july day. After 5 minutes of walk, we are close to the city.

"Soo... If one of them get closer, we hide somewhere and analyse the situation, okay?" Riker says.

I nod, and we start searching in the apartment blocks and the houses that we haven't branded with a cross yet. It takes all the morning, without seeing any Infecteds. All the better because the heat is scorching. At 1:00 pm, we take a break for the lunch. We settle ourselves in the entrance of an apartment block and let the door opened so some fresh air can go in.

"God, I was so starving!" I say biting in my sandwich.

"Yeah same, it's too hot to patrol."

"We could go back to the bunker after, don't you think?" Riker nods.