Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

I stood up and took Louis in my arms, holding him as close as possible as I pressed my head against his.

"You alright?" He smirked.

"I'm... I'm fine," I replied, "I just... I wanted to hold you for a second, if that's alright."

"It's perfectly alright with me, love," Louis said softly, his grip tightening on me and his nose burying into my curls, "I'll never complain."

I smiled to myself as I pressed my nose into his hair, inhaling the scent that already felt like home to me.

"Niall's doing a terrible job of cooking breakfast," Louis said into my shoulder.

"Should I go help?" I asked laughing as I let him go.

"Well, yours is better than his, in my opinion," Louis shrugged a little.

I smiled and pulled on my boxers slowly, pushing my hair back. "I need a shower."

"Me as well," he smirked as he sat down watching me pull out pants from my bag. "I talked to Gemma this morning."

I looked back at him as I dressed, "did you? What did she say?"

"Nothing in particular," he replied, "she called to ask what time our flight arrived because she and your mum would pick us up at the airport."

"Oh," I said quietly before trying to fix my hair in the mirror.

"You seem a little nervous," he said softly as he got up and stood next to me watching me fix my curls. "You said you weren't last night."

"I'm not really nervous," I mumbled, "more like, I'm just unsure. I mean, I know my mum. She loves me. I'm just not sure I want to tell her every detail."

"Then don't," he whispered back, "alright? Tell her what you want to tell her. I'm sure Gemma hasn't said anything because it's your place to tell her, not Gemma's."

I nodded a little. Louis put his arms around my waist from behind, leaning his chin on my shoulder as he smiled at me in the mirror.

"It's going to be fine, love," he assured me, "I promise. I'm quite looking forward to it."

"Are you?" I asked smiling.

"Of course," he grinned, "I can't wait to meet your mum and see where you grew up. Perhaps you can show me around like I did for you in Doncaster?"

"Yeah, I'd love to," I replied quietly as I turned to him, "not really much to show you, but yeah, why not?"

Louis smiled even bigger as he opened the bedroom door, Niall's laughter coming from downstairs, "I'm gonna go see what Horan has burned now."

"I'm coming," I laughed and followed him downstairs.

Liam and Zayn were gaming again while Sophia was helping Niall.

"Why don't you just let Harry cook?" Louis asked Niall as soon as we walked in the kitchen.

"If he wants to, by all means, take over," Niall laughed looking at me.

I studied over the breakfast he was cooking up, "it doesn't seem too bad. You might've overcooked the ham a bit."

Niall rolled his eyes but smiled.

"When does your flight leave for Cheshire?" Sophia spoke up.

"Uh, not until later... 4:30," I replied as I began helping Niall finish up.

"Oh, well, we didn't get a chance to go to the spa in Dublin," she said to me.

"Shit, we didn't," I sighed, "I'm sorry, Soph."