Chapter 20

Once he got down to the lake, he unfolded the blanket, placing it on the floor nicely, before unpacking the basket and picking off the rose petals from the three bunches he had picked.

He then left the picnic there, before running up to the campsite with the rose petals in his hands.

Callen managed to find a piece of paper and a pen, to which he wrote,

'Nell,

You are the most beautiful, kind, caring,and amazing girl I know and I love you with all my heart.

I know I may have kicked you in the face and caused a bump on your head, but you should know, that I would never intentionally do anything that would hurt you.

I know we have only been together for a few days, but I have always had strong feelings for you and over the past few days, my feelings have grown into something that not even words can describe.

I thought I would do something to prove just how much I love you, so, go ahead and follow the rose petals.

Love you beautiful,

Callen'

He put the note on Nell's pillow, as well as a rose petal, and then started walking out of the tent and back down to the lake, dropping a rose petal for every step he took.

He finally got back to the lake and sat down on the blanket, waiting for Nell to come back from her hike with Kensi.

Sam, Eric and Deeks went back to the campsite not long after Callen had set everything up, because the lake was busy and full of children and their familys.

When they got back to the campsite, they couldn't help but notice the trail of rose petals, so they followed them, at least after Deeks had convinced them to.

They followed the petals all the way to the campsite, realising that they were coming from Nell's tent.

Sam smiled proudly. "This has G Callen written all over it."

Eric nodded, "Looks like he's trying to make up for kicking her in the face."

"And letting her fall and hit her head on the rock hard floor." Sam added.

"Wait, do you think he left a note? Oh my god, what if Callen left a note? I'm going to go and see if he left a note." Deeks stated.

"No, you're not. Whether or not he left a note is none of your business." Sam replied,holding Deeks back.

Deeks frowned, "Fine."

Sam practically had to push Deeks to sit down, as well as Eric, who was overflowing with curiousity.

They all sat down around the fire and a few minutes later Kensi and Nell came walking into the campsite, talking and laughing together.

"Why are you all staring at me like that? And where's Callen?" Nell asked, sitting down and noticing that Sam, Eric and Deeks were all staring at Nell, with big grins on their faces.

Sam didn't say anything. Instead, he just nodded in the direction of Nell's tent.

Nell looked towards the tent and saw the roses, walking up and going inside the tent, smiling when she saw the note.

She picked up the note and walked out of the tent, reading the note as she walked.

She smiled brightly and laughed a little, stopping when she got outside of the tent.

"So he did leave a note! What does it say? Nell. Nell. Nell. What does the note say?" Deeks urged.

"Nothing that concerns you, Deeks. Looks like I'm going on a hunt to find Callen. See you guys later." Nell replied.