Chapter 11

"I don't know. But if and when Nell wants to tell us, she will. She was already practically forced to tell us something that she didn't want to in the first place." Callen explained.

"Callen, Nell is going to be okay. She's a strong girl. And she will have every single one of us there for her, supporting her when she has the surgery and helping her deal with and come to terms with her fathers death. It's all going to be okay." Kensi stated, looking over to Callen.

"Yeah, I know. Hey, how do you guys feel about steak and salad for dinner tonight? I'll cook." Callen suggested, causing everyone to nod in response.

Callen got up and walked over to the table and started getting out the food and preparing it, while the others sat around the fire and talked.

Nell came back a little while later, walking up to Callen and leaning against the table. "Callen? I just wanted to apologise again. I know I should have told you and I understand if you want out of our relationship, but I really don't want to lose you, and I'm hoping you can forgive me for not telling you about all of this. I love you, Callen."

Callen stopped and turned to Nell, placing his hands on her waist. "Nell, it's okay. Please stop apologising. I understand. I know now, and that's the main thing. I don't want out of our relationship. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm not giving up on that just because you won't be able to have kids. I love you, Nell."

Nell smiled, placing her hands on top of Callen's, before moving them off her waist. "I was hoping you'd say that. Now get back to cooking. I'm starving. I'm just going to go and sit down with the others. Call out if you need a hand?"

Callen nodded, kissing Nell's head softly.

Nell walked up to the others and sat next to Eric, who was looking at the floor with a sad look on his face. "Hey, are you okay? I'm really sorry. About everything. You deserve so much more than my jerk of a sister."

Eric smiled briefly, "Yeah. I'm okay. But, isn't that the question I'm supposed to be asking you?"

Nell laughed, "I'm good, Eric. I promise."

Eric's smile grew a touch bigger, "I'm glad to hear it. How's Mark?"

Nell sighed, "He's worried. He threatened to come out here to make sure that I'm okay. I finally convinced him that I'm fine. I guess he's like my dad in that way. Always worrying."

"He cares about you. You're lucky that you have such a caring family. Excluding Natalie, for now. I don't even remember the last time I had a good conversation with my mom. And I didn't even know where my dad is. It's been a long time. And about Natalie, don't worry about it. After the way she just treated you, I'm glad she's gone." Eric replied.

Their conversation was interrupted when Nell's phone chimed.

She turned the screen on and opened the message.

"How do you feel, now that everyone knows the truth? I bet Callen doesn't want anything to do with you now. You know, considering you have cancer and can't have kids. Or did you leave out that part? Oh and you should know, I told Mark and Andrew about what you said to me. Andrew is pretty pissed at you. But for some reason Mark didn't show any emotion what so ever."

Nell's face went red with anger as she read the message on her phone, when it chimed again.

"Oh and one more thing..... I called around, spoke to mom and found out where you've been singing and I also spoke to Sarah, Jessica and Sandra. They said you're out of the singing group. They don't want you singing, until you're clear of the cancer. Have fun camping.