Chapter 7

Nell woke up again at around six o'clock in the morning. She sat up and once again, started panicking. She was crying and her whole body was shaking.

Callen woke up and sat up next to Nell, wrapping his arms around her. "Nell. Nell, it's okay. Baby, it's okay. It's just another nightmare." Nell shook her head instantly. "No. No. It's not a nightmare. My dad. He's really dead. Callen, he's really gone." Nell sobbed, clutching Callen's shirt tightly.

Callen rubbed Nell's back as he held onto her. "I know, Nell. I know. It's going to be okay. Shhh..." Callen comforted.

They sat there for about fifteen minutes, before Callen finally spoke up, "Baby, do you want to try to go back to sleep for a little while?" Nell shook her head. "Not really. Can we get up and go for a walk or something?"

Callen nodded, "Of course. Come on." Callen stood up and held out his hand to Nell, helping her up.

They walked around the area, down by the lake and past the beach, when Nell shivered. Callen noticed and took off his jacket, wrapping it around Nell and keeping his arm around her waist.

Nell smiled when she looked up to Callen, as he pulled her closer to him, and they kept walking around the area.

They stayed quiet for most of the time and it was about an hour later before they headed back to the campsite.

When they got to the campsite, they were surprised to see the rest of the team, sitting around the fire, drinking coffees and hot cocoa.

Kensi smiled when she saw Nell, "Ohh there you two are!" Sam looked in the direction of Nell and Callen, smiling widely. "Hey, guys. How are you doing, Nell?" Nell smiled back at Sam, as her and Callen took a seat on the log next to Sam. "I'm doing okay. We had a few more bumps but other than that. I'm okay."

Sam nodded, as they looked towards Eric, who was on the phone. "Natalie. Natalie, it's going to be okay. I know, babe. Look, why don't you come out and join us. Nell's here and I'm sure she'd be happy to see you....of course. It's okay. Call me if you need anything. I love you." Eric stated, closing his phone and putting it in his pocket.

"Eric, how is she? Natalie. Is she okay?" Nell asked, turning her attention to Eric.

Eric nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, Natalie's okay. I hope you guys don't mind but I asked her to come down here. She should be here later today."

"You what? Oh my god, and she agreed to come camping? Just like that? Wow. She is so not the girl she used to be. She used to hate camping. She would stay at home with my mom and they would go out and get their nails done, and spend their afternoons at the library." Nell commented.

"I know. She wanted to see you and get away from your mom. Apparently your mom has been running around like a headless chook for the past two days. But that's totally understandable. Anyway, you guys don't mind that I asked her to come, do you?" Eric asked.

"Of course not, Eric." Kensi stated.

"Wait, Natalie is coming here? Oh shit. I'm screwed. I'm one hundred and one percent screwed. She's gonna kill me." Deeks whined. Nell laughed. "There's no doubting that." Everyone laughed, turning to Deeks.

Nell looked up to Callen and smiled. "She's probably going to kill you too, you know."

Callen frowned. "Why? What did I do?" Nell laughed. "You're dating her little sister. And let's just say, my sister is very protective of me." Callen sighed, "Right. Looks like I'm joining you, Deeks." Everyone laughed, looking towards Callen.