Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"He was talking to someone that night I went to see him after you and I got back from the pub," I sighed and sat back, "and he told them he'd take care of it... that he was in control of it."

Louis nodded a little, his eyes staying on the bed.

"Can we... can we not worry about it right now?" I asked quietly. I knew all of this upset him. "This is our last night in Ireland."

Louis bit his lip before replying, "yeah, sure. I suppose."

I had no clue what to say to him. There was so much tension between us now and I wasn't sure why. Maybe because he didn't understand what Darren and I had... or maybe he felt like there was more to us than I had told him; even though, for me, Darren was nothing more than someone to be with. I knew deep down I had never loved him... I cared about him probably more than I should've though.

That was more evident now than ever. After seeing everything on his laptop, I felt not only betrayed by him, but I also felt hurt... even though I shouldn't have. I guess because I was young and naive I believed that he was honest with me; that he didn't keep shit from me... but Louis was right. He didn't care about me, not as a person. He only cared about me as an object.

"Hey, you two awake?" Niall called while he knocked on the door.

"Yeah, come in," I replied.

Niall opened the door as Louis sat back against the headboard next to me. "Hey, just wanted to say that my parents really loved your dish, Harry."

I smiled a little and replied as Louis sat smirking, "thanks. Yeah, your mum told me about 10 times before they left."

"They really liked Louis, too," Niall grinned at Louis.

Louis rolled his eyes but smiled and I couldn't help but snicker.

"They did, yeah," I nodded smiling at Louis. "Your mum talked to me about him."

"Did she?" Louis asked glancing at me, "when?"

"When you were outside talking football with his dad," I chuckled.

"Yeah, she told me before she left how perfect you two were," Niall smiled.

"You should go to bed," I laughed, "you're way too drunk, Niall."

"I'm about to head there," he nodded, "just wanted to tell you two, alright? Thanks for cooking that for them."

"No problem," I replied quietly, "night."

"Night," Niall called while he shut the door back.

Louis turned back to me, smiling, "so, what'd she say about me exactly?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I grinned and got up and went through my bag to grab my swimming trunks.

"What are you doing?" Louis asked laughing, "we just packed all of that for the flight tomorrow."

"Well," I shrugged, "it's our last night in Ireland for who knows how long, it's past midnight and everyone's asleep..."

Louis smirked as I threw his own trunks to him, "are you implying what I think you're implying?"