Chapter 17

*Briana's pov*

Madison brought me my dress. It was a long sparkly black dress. It was stunning. I told Sammy to get ready and to wear black. When I went in the room to change, Madi was getting ready and so were the rest of the boys. I'm glad everyone is back because I love Sammy more than ever. But I still have to ask him about the scars on his arm. I frown at the thought.

I take out my dress and set it down. I go and take a quick shower, when I'm done I put on music and dry my hair. Once I'm done I do my hair. I leave it down and put a sparkly hair piece in the back. Then I slide into my dress. I hope Sammy likes it. I stare at myself in the mirror. "BITCH ARE YOU DONE!" Johnson yells. I laugh. "Yes!" I yell back. I put on my black heels and go downstairs. Jaws dropped. I pushed my hair behind my ear and smiled.

"Damn." Sammy gasps. I blush. "Aw look at my wittle baby." Nate cooed at me. I slapped his arm. Madison was wearing a stunning turquoise dress. "You look great!" I say. She nods and smiles. "You look AMAZING!" She replies. I shake my head. Sammy puts his arm around my waist. I kiss his cheek.

We take pictures and selfies and head to our Jeep. Sam opens the door for me and closes it behind me. Everybody else in the back seats. Sammy laces his fingers with mine and drives off. We arrive at the school. Everybody greets us and compliments. I smile at everybody. "I'm gonna miss these guys." I say. Everyone nods in agreement.

We all walk into the beautiful decorated gym and sat down. "Baby you want a drink?" Sammy asks me. I nod and say thank you. He walks away and Gia comes to me with Jack. I roll my eyes. "Hey slut." She smiles. "Just go away Gia, you have no purpose to be here." I say and shoo her away. She stands there. Jack puts his head down. "Leave!" I say again. She scoffs and goes to her posy. "Look at you, handling your problems maturely." Mad says and high fives me. I smile. Sammy comes back and hands us drinks. "Thanks." They all say. He nods his head and sits next to me.

He puts his thumb over my hand and rubs it smoothly. I smile towards him and see his bright eyes shining in the light. There are so many reasons why I love him. It's amazing how your best friend could be the love of your life.  I'm starting to notice how Madison isn't happy a lot anymore. She may say she doesn't miss Jack but she's in denial and I miss him too. He's my best friend, my brother, the only close thing I have since my parents are dead.

I never really mentioned it. But yes my parents are dead. It happened when we were five. Then we had to go into a foster home because none of our family wanted to take care of us. We went to maybe three different homes. The first one, they were so rude and they used to abuse me and Jack. We were only six. Then we were seven when we moved to a different place. Those people were strict, wouldn't let us do anything. We still did hang out with Johnson, Sammy, Nate and them. But it was the bad part of my life.

I never really knew the meaning of death when I was little. But I knew that I would never see my parents again. I was glad to have Tabitha and John as our last foster parents. They were amazing, they did everything they could to make us happy. I was grateful. But me and Jack moved out  last year since we are eighteen. We got jobs to pay or John and Tabitha will still be here to help us. I still haven't talked to them since we moved in.

They were awesome. After thinking about it for a few minutes I heard everybody get up. I shake my head to get out of my thoughts. I follow Sammy and the rest to dance. Our group's favorite rap song plays. "I know when that hotline bling!" We scream together. "That could only mean one thing!" Madison sings. Then I sing "Ever since I left the city, you you you." Then Sammy sings "You and me just don't get along." Then Nate. "You make me feel like I did you wrong." Then Johnson. "Going places where you don't belong!" And we sing the rest. We all laugh when we're done.