Chapter 38

"Hello?" My mother spoke into the darkness while I decided to look around the vacant house. "Looks like no one is here." I said inferring. "Follow me." I nodded my head while following my mother's instructions. We steadily went upstairs, going to the first room which was the bedroom. I was intrigued by the sight of such beautiful antique decor. "This is the house where your father grew up." She said. I looked around, taking in my surroundings. "Why'd you take me here?" I asked. "So you can learn more about your father, why he is the person he is today." She replied looking at me, firm in the eye. I left the room, wanting to explore more of the house. This house was huge, I felt like a dwarf walking in it. An admiral blue room caught my eye, My feet treaded in the direction of the room. In bright lime green letters, spelled Ian. Tons of picture frames on the admiral blue walls of him and I'm guessing his family. It seemed like he had a pretty good family, I couldn't see why he was the way he was today. I looked in his toy chest, that he had as a child. Most of his toys were covered in blood. I gasped, quickly putting the toy car down. I ran out of the room, trying to find the nearest bathroom. When I eventually found the bathroom, I washed the blood off. I felt a presence in the doorway, "What happened?" I heard my mother ask. "I found blood covered toys in his childhood room. It was in the toy chest." I replied. "You finally have your answers to all your questions." She spoke. I looked at her in her eyes, wondering what she was referring to. "Answers to what exactly?" I asked. "Answers to why your father is the person he is today." "Is that his blood in the toy chest?" "Yes, your father was severely abused as a child." I froze in my trance and slid down the wall quietly in silence. I dazed off into my thoughts, until I started to think about time. I need to hurry back home before Dan notices that I was gone. The clock read 4:45 a.m. "I think I should head back home before he notices that I was gone." I told her. She nodded her head in agreement.