Chapter 18

It felt as if my nerves were about to go bad. I could barely feel my fingertips on the steering wheel. I really don't want to see her. All she ever done for me was call me from time to time, was she ever a real mother to me? Hell no! When I needed her, she wasn't there for me. I'm surprised she even called to see my face, since she barely has seen it most of my life. I wonder what shes's even doing here? Did she admit herself? Hmph..Maybe she's really crazy in the head! I laughed out loud to myself but my once laugh turned into silence when I turned into the parking lot. I closed my eye lids gently before getting out the car. Sometimes you have to do certain things in life , that you don't want to do. Sometimes you have to step out of your boundaries to make the right decision in life. She doesn't deserve to see me at the moment but she's the same person that carried me for 9 months. Somebody has to be the bigger person here. I sighed before entering the building that read Regional Psychiatric Hospital. I walked up to the front desk sluggishly, "Room number for Natalie Parkington" I asked using my mother's maiden name. "That would be Room 267" A red headed woman told me. I smiled while nodding before walking away. 

I quickly wiped away my falling tears before whispering to myself, "Stay strong Yn, Stay strong". I tried to relax as I entered the room. "Hi sweetheart, You look beautiful just like I remembered." I rolled my eyes before saying "I don't see how You remember anything & the last time you saw me was when I was five years old" She held her chest in defensiveness. "Honey, I did it for your own good. I had to get away to make money for this family. I had to get away to make sure you were protected." she spoke, pretending like those words came from her heart. "Protected? Protected! What is your definition of protection because I don't recall being abused protection!" I shouted at her while more of my tears came crashing down. I felt her fingertips trying to touch mine, but I resisted. "Honey, please let's talk about this, I love you! Your my daughter for heaven sakes, Yn!" I left with no words spoken, I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to be out of her presence before I did something I might regret.