Chapter 36

"As soon as I left the studio, I felt something come across my head. I fell to the ground, fighting for my life. All I could see was a bunch of men surrounding me. I was fighting for my life until one of the men stabbed me in my side. I woke up on hard concrete, by the side of a clothing store. I looked to my right and I saw your father drive off, looking into my eyes with hatred." Daniel said while trying to catch his breath. I froze in the middle of my thoughts racing in my head before I looked him in his eyes. I gritted my teeth together in anger, trying not to throw everything that was in my eyesight. I pulled him in for a tight hug, letting unnoticed tears sneak out. He hugged me tighter, whispering comforting words in my ear. "Were you going to tell me? Or did I have to ask just to find out about this incident?" I asked sternly. "I was going to hide it for a while-" Before he could finish his sentence, I left the room. "Yn!" He shouted my name after my footsteps. I threw covers on the couch and a couple of pillows. "This is your new bed for the night!" I told him with anger in my eyes. "Your over reacting babe!" He yelled as he followed me up the stairs to our bedroom. I had no energy left in me to speak to him, my voice was inaudible. "Just get out Dan. I need time alone." I spoke softly. He nodded his head, being ashamed. I popped my head out of my pillow by the sound of my phone ringing. I scoffed at my mother's name popping up on the screen. I slided the green bar slowly, sluggishly putting it by my ear. "Any information on Ian? I mean, your father." She spoke steadily. "No, but I think he did something to Daniel." I responded pushing my baby hairs back with my fingers in distress. I opened my mouth, prepared to tell my mom the details of what Daniel said happened to him until I received a call on the other line. I scrunched my eyebrow, not recognizing the number. "Hello? Are you still there?" I heard my mother say while I deciding if answer the call on the phone their line. "Yea, hold on. Someone's on the other line." I told her. I felt the anxiety starting to take over in my stomach. Just hearing his voice, gives me chills.