Chapter 11

I was running around my apartment, trying to get ready for New York Fashion week. I kept checking the time every minute or so. This day is the day that I can prove my self a worthy makeup artist. This was my life, my dream. I couldn't be late or it would cause severe problems. I was doing the last touch ups on my outfit, adding a bit of jewelry. I suddenly got a call from a strange number. I looked at it with scrunched eyebrows, debating whether or not I was going to answer. I slided the green bar while putting the phone to my ear. "Hello" "Hi Yn, this is Erin!" I instantly started to smile. "Hi Erin" I said. "I hope to see you backstage hun. I don't know if Marissa told you but I want my models to have a neutral look not anything bold." she said. I paused for a minute. "No, she didn't but thanks for telling me!" I replied. "Oh, okay I guess I'll see you at the show!" "Okay, bye Erin." I headed out the front door.

I ran through the building, currently Marc Jacobs line was showing. I need to get to Erin. There were a whole bunch of doors with the designers names on them. "Door 5, Erin Fetherston" I read the print on the door outloud. I sighed out of relief while wiping my forehead. I rushed into my station, meeting the other artist & hairstylist. There was so many beautiful models here, I didn't know which one to start with. I took out all of my tools & got to work!

About a hour and a half passed, It was time for Erin's line to show. Currently, Versace was ending its show. I wished the models & Erin good luck while exiting backstage to take my front row seat. It was a beautiful scene, seeing my creative skills of art. Erin did a really good job with all of the textures, patterns, and the colors of her line. 

I received a tight hug & my paycheck from Erin. "Thank You!, For making my models look special!" I smiled while nodding my head. "No Problem, Anytime!" I responded. 

I got in my car, opened my paycheck, It was way more than I would usually get. I received a total of $2,500, My heart was content.

I went inside my apartment but my bedroom light was on. I know that I left all the lights off in my apartment before I left.