Chapter 32

~One Week Later~

I moved around the kitchen attempting to fix Daniel breakfast. I heard the oven beep indicating that the biscuits were done. I grabbed the oven mitt on top of the stove, slowly taking them out. I finished up my last touches before servicing him. I placed the food on the table beside him, giving him a kiss on his slightly warm lips. "Dan, wake up." I spoke softly while shaking him gently. He opened his brown eyes steadily before he noticed breakfast. A tear fell from my eye, seeing how pale he was but I quickly wiped it away before he could notice. He thanked me with a kiss on the cheek, beginning to devour his meal. I felt a slap on my ass as I walked away, I gave him the evil eye while he just laughed at me. 

He came in walking cautiously, putting his plate in the sink. "I could have gotten that for you. Your not suppose to be on you feet as much." I spoke firmly to him. "Nah, Babe you've already done so much." He said looking me in my eyes. He grabbed my waist, connecting my lips to his, biting my bottom lip for entrance. "Nuh uh, come on let's get you bandage changed." He pouted, kissing my neck to avoid getting changed. "Dan, you think your slick." I said laughing. I grabbed his hand taking him upstairs into the bathroom. He sat on the toilet seat, pouting like a two year old. I gently removed his bandage on the side of his stomach. I looked at his bullet wound, making me angry from thinking about that night all over again. I started to rub alcohol on his wound, he hissed in pain.

~One Week Ago~

My mother invited us in the humongous house, Daniel slowly followed in behind me before my mother closed the front door. She grabbed our coats for us, putting them in the closet with everyone else's coats. "Everyone, this is my beautiful first born Yn and her boyfriend Daniel." My mother spoke at the dining room table. Everyone gave a genuine smile welcoming us. I could see on the corner of my eye, my dad giving Dan the eye. We both sat down, preparing to eat. I felt Daniel's hand slip into mine, kissing my lips softly. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine, I was mostly worried about you." I replied. "Sheesh! I'm doing great sweetheart!" I looked down into my lap where my hands was criss-crossed, smiling to myself. "Daniel, can I talk with you for a split second?" Ian asked. A confused expression came across his face, he looked at me in confusion as well. I shrugged my shoulders not knowing what this was about. They both went upstairs in unison, I continued to enjoy my meal while engaging in conversation with some red haired woman. I heard to gun shots go off, everyone started to scream in fright. There he was, Daniel's bloody body tumbling down the stairs. I ran over to him screaming, "NO!" over and over again. I looked up to see my father standing over the both of us.