Chapter 67

Chapter 67
Sarah
Fire ripped through my body.
Stay with me Sarah
My skin itched, wanting it get away from my body.
Fight Sarah, fight it.
My body shook uncontrollably.
Don't fight it, Snow. You're tired. Take the easy road.
My mind was building with pressure.
Please, Snow, you were my wish. I wished to spend my life with you.
So many voices played in my head, that I couldn't work out whose was who.
Don't
Come on Sarah
Fight
Do it for us
Ignore
Just keep on fighting
Him
I love you
Give
Please, don't give up
Up
Oh God, I think we're losing her
Easy
Fight it Snow
Road
Fight it Snow
Out
Oh God, Beatrice do something
Do
What? No, Snow
Nothing
Listen to my voice, Snow
Listen
Come on Snow
To
Please don't give up
My
Please Snow
Voice
Come on Sarah-Snow
I
I think she's getting better
Love
Yes, Sarah, what is it?
You.

Justin
She lied peacefully as her fever began to drop. Her body was drenched in sweat and her hair was a tangled mess from her seizures. She had been like this for an hour. Beatrice had come and gone, letting us know how Victoria was and that an ambulance and the police were on their way.
Heather hadn't left her side. Only to call my parents and let them know what was going on. Of course she had to argue with them so that they wouldn't be on the next train out. 
But now, like me, she made sure that Sarah's temperature was down and kept replacing the wet cloth across her forehead.
Sarah kept muttering something in her sleep. Like she was having a conversation with herself but I couldn't make out the words.
Every time I thought that I was losing her, my heart started to race and it felt like I couldn't breathe. But then she would stop shaking and focus on my voice.
"I should never have made her go," Heather stated, waking me from my thoughts.
"Why did you?" I asked, already knowing the answer.
"I thought it was best, I thought it would be safer for her somewhere that wasn't here. But I was wrong. Look at her."
I turned my attention back to her body. It was in worse shape than mine. Paler than normal, a red hand print across her cheek, hot and sweaty from the poison floating through her veins and broken from the beating that Victoria gave her.
Why did she have to have the apple? If only she had just lasted a couple more seconds. If we had figured out a plan faster. She wouldn't be like this.
"It wasn't your fault," I told her meaning it, "Because of what she's been through, she has become a stronger person. If she hadn't, she would have d-died by now."
I struggled through the words but I meant them. Sarah was a fighter and would survive this.
"Do you believe that she will get through this?"
I swallowed, not believing but hoping.
"There was a wishing well in the park nearby my hotel in London. Sarah had tried so hard to convince me that it had been a wishing well and I didn't really believe her. But I made a wish that I was going to spend my life with her," when Heather didn't say anything, I added, "It has to come true, hasn't it?"
She swallowed, her eyes on nothing but Sarah. I turned my head back to her and saw that her mouth was open, trying to get some air. I was losing her again.
"Oh no, no, no, no, no. Sarah, don't do this. Fight!" I yelled slightly shaking her.
"Here, here!" Beatrice yelled as she ran by my side.
Taking my gaze off Sarah, I noticed the little bottle of clear liquid in her hands.
"What's that?" I asked as tears started to form in my eyes.
"It's another poison, it could rather kill her or save her."
"Where did you get it?" Heather asked.
"We don't have time for that now!" Beatrice yelled at her, "It is your choice, Justin. You know the risks and the reward. Now, do you want to save her?"
I looked back at my dying Snow. Her breathing was now uneven and pretty soon her fever would take over for good now. And she would die. Beatrice was offering a chance to save her. But it could also kill her. Risk and reward. I knew the reward. But I didn't quite understand the risk.
I nodded, feeling every word I knew disappear. Beatrice tip the bottle so that she had some of the liquid on her finger and slowly rubbed it over Sarah's lips. Nothing happened. She wasn't licking her lips, she wasn't doing anything. Not even getting better.
In a panic, I locked my lips to hers. I worked hard trying to get her lips moving again and almost jumped when I did. Pulling back, I watched her carefully. First, her tongue slightly touched her lip. Then she slowly began to lick the poison and slowly started coming back to life.
"Yes, Snow, Yes."
"It's working," Heather said shocked, "it's working!"
There was a cheer and laughter surround us, as colour began to come to her cheeks.
"Yes, Snow," I said again watching her eyes slowly open.
She looked up at me and frowned.
"What happened?" she asked her voice no more than a little whisper.
Tears formed in my eyes as I seemed to be overwhelmed with happiness.
"Nothing my dear, dear Snow. Nothing happened."