Chapter 37

Chapter 37
Justin
We had spent all night talking. I had learned so many things about her. Her favourite spot at Willow Tree Abby, what happened on her tenth birthday, how many dogs she had and their names. I had kissed her lips long after she'd gone to sleep, just because I couldn't stand the idea of forgetting what they felt like.
Now I lied awake, with Sarah in my arms, as the light creeped through the closed curtains. My fingers combed through her thick short hair, feeling every strand. Her lips were slightly parted as she slept, making them appear more full and red then they usually were. I couldn't believe that I still needed them just as much as I did before last night.
She groaned, slightly shifting her body till her eyes slowly opened. My heart skipped a beat with I saw their brown colour.
"Morning," she croaked.
"Morning. How did you sleep?" I asked as she sat up onto her elbows.
"Amazing, actually."
I exhaled, "don't sound too surprise."
"No I mean it," she said in full seriousness, "no nightmares, no anything. I haven't had a nightmare in weeks."
I frowned. I didn't understand what she was getting at. Why was it a big deal that she hadn't had a nightmare in weeks? Shouldn't that be a good thing?
"Last night was amazing," she told me with a cheeky smile.
I hung my head in embarrassment, as my smiled matched hers.
"Last night was amazing for me to. Something I hadn't always said."
She frowned, "What do you mean?"
"Well, I don't know. I guess, it, hadn't always been good for me too," when I looked up at her face, I realized how stupid I was being, "I mean, my partners weren't old sweaty men but –."
"You don't have to explain," she butted in.
"I don't?"
Shaking her head, she reassured me, "no," she paused, "Well, only if you do something stupid."
I chuckled, shaking my head. She was amazing.
"You have the most cutest laugh," she declared.
"I do?"
"Yes, everything about you is cute."
"Cute?" I asked.
"Of course."
She didn't see the insult.
"Sarah, puppies are cute, kittens are cute. I do not want to be cute."
She tilted head, her eyes saying come on.
"You know what I mean. You're amazing, charming, loving. And the best I've ever had. And you have to believe me because you're not paying me to say it."
She said the last bit so excitedly that it made me laugh. I cupped her cheek, bringing her lips to mine again. I shifted my body till I was on top of her, cradling her head in my hand.
"What do – you want – to do – today?" she asked between kisses.
"I thought – we could – just hang out here."
"That's ambition," she said with a big smile.
"What?" I asked kissing her, "We wouldn't even have to leave the room."
"Or get dressed," she added.
I kissed her lips again, feeling her legs wrap around my waist.
"Sounds like a plan."
Her giggles filled my ears, as I cupped the back of her head and kissing her lips passionately.
She groaned, pulling back, "What the hell are we going to do about the candles?"
I found myself chuckling again.
"What do you mean?" I asked testing her.
"Well, there's no room in your bag and I...have no bag. And throwing them away is not an opposition."
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because it is a reminder of our first time together and, they might come in handy."
"Doing what?" I asked leaning in.
"I don't know," she said, brushing her lips against mine, "Just kiss me."
"With pleasure."