Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Justin
"Ma - Ma. Let me talk, Ma,"
"Sorry," she finally stopped taking a breath. She hadn't stopped for five minutes, "are you eating well?"
She asked quickly.
I rolled my eyes knowing that she couldn't see me.
"Yes," I groaned.
"What are you eating?" She asked.
"Ma stop worrying," I told her for the fifth time since I had opened my phone.
I walked down the stone steps in front of the hotel and down the path.
"How was your flight?" She asked.
"Fine, it was a plane flight," I summed up.
As Ma went on about how I should have gone in first class and how I could have gone on a better flight, something caught my eye.
The girl that was such a stand out, sat on the edge of a wishing well in a park. Her dark black her and fair skin was implanted in my brain.
"Ma, I got to go," I told her. I hanged up before I could hear her arguing.
It struck me that I still didn't know her name.
She sat with her elbows on her knees and her chin in her palm. She look miserable.
"Rough day," I said.
She jumped as her eyes grew wide when she realised it was me. The guy that insulted her yesterday.
"If you're here to pity me then -."
"I'm not here to pity you," I quickly butted in.
She frowned, "then what do you want?"
"I wanted to see if you were okay. You were upset yesterday so I thought -."
"I was upset because you thought I was some pitiful little princess," she snapped.
"No I didn't," she gave me a look that said, yeah right, "well I don't think it now."
She scoffed and rolled her eyes.
I smiled.
"What's your name?" I asked.
She looked horrified. Pushing off the well wall, she joined me on the patched path around the steps.
"As if I'm going to tell you," she scoffed walking around me.
"Why not?"
"Well for one, I don't know yours."
"Oh," I didn't realise, "Justin."
I offered out my hand and surprisingly she took it but stayed quiet.
"This is where you say your name," I reminded her.
She opened her mouth then quickly closed it.
"I think Charming is better for you."
"Don't change the subject."
She froze again. I saw fear in her eyes and I felt that any minute now she would run away. So I decided to compromise.
"At least give me something that I could call you."
It all felt like we were in kindergarten but she did finally tell me.
"Snow, you can call me Snow."
I stepped back, amazed.
"Snow," the name seemed to fit her perfectly. Her fair skin, her black hair - I realised that I was staring at her and she had bowed her head in embarrassment like she had done in the hall.
I coughed covering the awkward silence that had fallen between us.
Snow jumped when my phone rang.
"Damn," I groaned.
Before I could even react, she bolted.
"No, wait, damn it," I groaned picking up my phone, "yes."
"Wow, rough day?" The familiar voice of Blake made me went to yell at the world.
"You don't know the half of it."

Sarah
With my heart racing, I climbed the first tree that I could see. Crawling up the thickest branch, I was able to see him talking on his phone. Even as he talked, he was still looking around as if he was looking for me. Why was he looking for me?
Why would he give a damn about me? He didn't even know me.
Oh God, I almost gave him my real name. Just for a second, I forgot about everything. I had forgotten about these past two years, the death of my father and the witch that had put me in this position.
When I saw him start to walk towards me, I climbed higher up the branch till I was surrounded my leaves. A pigeon landed on the branch beside of me. It looked at me in confusion, tilting it's little head.
"Blake, dude stop, I have told you this," he said with laughter in his voice, "She's not worth it."
I frowned wondering who he could have been talking to and whom he could be talking about.
"I can't believe you did that," he laughed.
"Coo," the pigeon said breaking my thoughts.
I turned to it with my finger to my lips, "shh."
"Okay, okay, okay. You're worse than Ma. Look I got to -," he stop, "I got to – I got to go. Blake, Blake – bye."
He hung up and sighed.
I found myself tyring to remember what it felt like to have someone worrying about me. To have someone calling me up and having to force them to stop talking. He had it so lucky.
He sighed again, giving up on me.
I found myself wondering if he actually would.

Chapter 10
Justin
When I got into my hotel room, I through the paper bag of McDonalds on the bed. I didn't really feel like eating.
I hadn't seen Snow since she ran away from me yesterday. I didn't know if I should be offended or not. Why was I so hung up on this girl? I wanted to groan.
It's clear that she had issues. Clear from a mile away. So why did she stand out from every other girl I've ever met, dated and seen.
I groaned walking over to my bag. Taking my book of birds, I sat on the bed and opened it. It seemed more appealing than the McDonalds.
I turned to the page that I was up to, the mocking bird.
There was a photo of the beautiful bird. With its white belly feathers and grey wing feathers. It was like it was shielding its goodness. Trying to show the world its dark side.
It was a smart bird. The way it mocked people.
I stop. I wasn't thinking about the bird. I was thinking about Snow.
I had to find out more about this girl. Even if I had to make a complete fool out of myself.

Sarah
I lied on the bed in the cold homeless shelter, missing my shower. I only had it once, I should have savoured it. I should have had a nice long shower.
"Will you stop making noises?" Steve snapped across the room.
I groaned, rolling onto my belly, my hair a mess.
"What's wrong with you?" I asked annoyed by him. It had to be three o'clock in the morning.
"I'm trying to sleep and you making noises isn't helping the process," he snapped.
I looked at him, frowning. He was in a sitting position with his back against the wall.
"You're not even lying down," I said with a little laugh. He just rolled his eyes. He was such an arse.
"You know what, fine. I'll be quiet."
I snuggled back under my sleeping bag, in hope to sleep.