Chapter 66

Chapter 66
Sarah
"An apple?" I asked looking at the perfectly red apple in Victoria's hand. She didn't have to tell me for me to know that it had to be poisoned. It was too perfect. Its shade was too close to blood and a solid colour not to be.
"Yes, it's quite simple really. You give me the money, and I let you and your Prince Charming free. As well as your maid and the man that can only be describe as Grumpy," my heart caught in my throat. She had more than one hostage.
I bit my lip thinking. All the pain I had been through the past year could end. Just like that. Justin and I could leave here and make our lives together.
"It's defiantly the easier choice. I mean, both of you are only children and are heirs to estates. How were you two going to figure out which estate to live at?"
The only word that stood out from that was easier choice. None of this had been easy. Leaving Justin, leaving London, leaving Willow Tree Abby.
My mother and father had both died in this place, buried. The last thing they would want was for me to give up. To give this place to her. All I wanted was to make them proud. Was giving up going to make them proud.
All I wanted to do was do something easy. But why start now.
I shook my head, bitting my lip.
"I can't do it, I can't give you the money."
She sighed disappointed. When she took a step towards me, I stepped back.
"Eat the apple," she ordered.
I shook my head, "I'm not doing anything."
"Eat the apple!" she yelled.
I shuddered when I hit the wall. Fear rolled through my body, but I continued to shake my head.
"I'm not eating anything, you old hag!" I yelled.
Pain whipped across my cheek making me shiver under her hand. Like metal clamps, her hands cupped my shoulders and started to shake my body. Back and forth my head went, till I thought I would black out. She stopped and I collapsed to the ground.
"I will kill your Prince. I will slaughter his family and staff. I will burn his estate to the ground," she warned, "I will through you in the basement and feed you nothing but your beloved birds," her voice was rough and grumbled as she grew more angry, "I will only give you enough water to survive. And by the end of those long painful years, you will beg for the apple. So you hear me! Beg!"
Take the easy road! The voice screamed inside of me. Take the easy road!
I just didn't realize what the easy road was truly. The apple.
With my sore head, I nodded against the floor. She was truly out of breath and I had lost my way. Tears escaped my eyes and were cool as they ran down the side of my cheeks.
"I'll eat the apple," I croaked through my tears as I looked up at her.
Slowly she lowered the apple into my hands. I could almost see my reflection in its hard complexion. My head was pounding. My blood racing. This was how it was going to end. Everything.
There was a crunch as I bit into the apple. It tasted rich and like a normal apple. As I began to wonder how many bites I would have to take, it had already started to take its effect on me. My head started to spin and the voices around me started to echo.
"SSSarah!" Justin's voice, "WWhat hhhave yyou dddone?"

Justin
When I saw Sarah's body on the ground, my heart stopped. I couldn't even go on with the plan. Luckily Steve stepped in with his lamp, and hit Victoria over the head with it. As Heather and Beatrice helped him tie Victoria up, I ran to Sarah.
An apple lied just out of her reach, as she shook on the ground. It was like she was having a seizure.
"Oh my God Sarah, what's happening?" I yelled hoping with everything that I had that she would answer me.
"She's been poisoned," Beatrice answered from across the void, "My mistress used it on all of the White family."
My mind started to recall the story of how her parents had died. Siana had taken a week to die, Keegan probably only hours.
"How long does she have?" I asked, looking down at Sarah's shaking body. She was trying to fight.
"It's too hard to say," she answered.
I dropped my head into my hands, feeling absolutely useless. I was so in my thoughts, trying to find a way to help her that I jumped when I felt Heather's hand on my shoulder.
"Let's get her up to her room."
I scooped her in my arms, shocked at how hot she was. She shouldn't be that hot. Heather led the way up the stairs, and I couldn't help but notice how dark and gloomy the house was. This wasn't what I pictured. Down the gallery and through a hall, we came to her room.
The curtains were shut and it looked like it hadn't been touch in three years. It probably hadn't.
As I lied her down on the bed, she started to mumble something.
"W-what, w-what are their n-names?" she whimpered with her eyes closed.
Heather began to take off her jumper as I held her hot hand as tightly as I could.
"Density, for a girl, remember," I told her.
"Density," she repeated.
"Remember, because it reminded you of us,"
"Of us."
"And Dustin."
"Dustin."
"Because it's sort of like Density and it rhymes with Justin."
"Justin."
I shook my head, bitting back the tears.
"Please stay with me, Sarah."