Chapter 57

Chapter 57
Justin
I sat in the back sitting room, trying to avoid my parents. This sitting room was hardly ever used. The views weren't all that great and it was one of the smallest sitting rooms in the place.
All that was contained in it was a bookcase, two loungers that were probably over a hundred years old, one painting of the Queen on the wall and just a single chair by the window.
I sat there, reading a book, alone. Sarah hadn't left our room, since last night. She said that she had had a nightmare, but unlike others, she didn't tell me about this one. I tried my hardest not to wonder why. That's why the book.
I found it hard to get back into old routines again. Like going down to the fallen log and drawing birds, seemed such an effort unless Sarah were to come with me. Of course she would, but not today. I couldn't force anything on her today.
I jumped when I heard the door open. I wished it to be anyone but my parents, but no one listened. Pa spotted me and smiled.
"Two mind, I guess," he stated, taking a seat on the chair by the window.
I turned back to my book but knew I wouldn't be reading it. I wasn't sure why but I was annoyed how he acted yesterday, both of them. But mainly because I didn't know what he was thinking. I didn't know what ran through his mind. What did he think of Sarah?
"I was trying to avoid you," I freely stated, not looking at him.
"Because of last night?" he asked, guessing.
I was silent.
"Look, I can't say that I approve of her past, but do I think that she's not a perfect patch for you? I honestly believe that there is no one else better for you," I slightly turned my head, now interested in what he had to say, "I thought about it a lot last night and your Ma and I have talked about it since, but to come from a life like ours and have to become what she had, she must be a pretty strong girl."
I smiled proud of my Snow. She was strong and amazing, and wonderful and mine.
"But I have to ask you something, and I really need you to tell me the truth," he started. I nodded, curious, "How did you two really meet?"
My eyes widened as I realized what he was implying.
"Oh my God, Pa, no!"
He relaxed a little.
"I saw her at a homeless shelter, thought she was the most beautiful thing ever," I smiled remembering her in that ruff bed, hugged by a sleeping bag, hair clung to her cheeks, "Then in my hotel room."
Pa raised an eye-brow.
I scoffed, "She had stolen a hotel key from one of her," I skipped the word, "it just so happened to be mine. When I had come back to the room, she had come out of the shower. In a towel, by the way," I added, watching him try not laugh, "I couldn't get her out of my head after that."
I shyly smiled as I remember how I chased her in the park, just so that I could know her name.
"When did you find out about all of, everything?" he asked me.
I sighed, trying to think, "A week after, maybe more. Then I found out about Willow Tree Abby, probably a month after I met her,"
He nodded accepting my answer.
"She never made it easy though," I admitted.
"I bet she didn't."
I smiled as I realized how much he knew her already. I felt bad how I acted before.
"I'm sorry, about –,"
"I am too. But you're Ma and I want to help. She's looking for that stupid box right now."
I frowned, "What box?"
"Oh, just this box. She kept everything of Siana's in it."
"Like what?"
"Just a couple of things, letters mostly, photos."
I didn't know why I felt it important to know. But I just did.