Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Justin
I sat by the well, in chance of seeing Snow. Birds flew all around me, their colours all over the sky. God I missed home already.
Locksley Manner was home to me since I was five. My mother was a maid there and often took me there. But I was never allowed up the steel stairs. Of course back then I didn't understand any of it. Not the reason why some people wore nice new clothes and others wore black uniforms. I didn't understand how important every little book I read and every lesson I was taught. 
Maybe that's why she gave me up.
I sighed as the cold wind picked up and knew she wouldn't be coming. I headed back to the hotel.
When I got in, I recognized the unfamiliar sound of hissing water and the pile of woman's clothing. I stifled a laugh as my mouth dropped. I didn't have to come to her, she would come to me.
I sat on the bed when the water stopped. After five minutes, she emerged in only a towel.
"Oh mother of God," she jumped making me want to laugh.
Her wet hair suck to her cheeks and her neck as her eyes grew wide.
"I didn't think you would be back for hours," she stated.
I frowned, "You waited for me to leave?"
I was surprised.
"No," she said innocently, "Maybe."
I stood then with my hand held out.
"I want that key."
She looked as if I had just called her fat.
"What, no. I got that key fair and square."
"You stole it?" I asked, surprised that I wasn't shocked.
"No," she said innocently again.
Without realizing I had become so close to her. So close that she had to crook her neck to look up. I saw her hand tighten around her hold over the towel.
I swallowed just as she did. Just as I thought something was about to happen, she stepped back.
"Can you wait outside so I can get dressed?"
I sighed, a little frustrated. But I did as she asked.

Sarah
What the hell was I going to do?
I didn't trust my instincts around him. I was going to kiss him. If I hadn't heard the memory of that night in my mind, I would have.
"You can come in now," I sighed sitting on the bed to do up my stolen black boots.
The first thing he said was, "I want my key back."
"One, it's not your key," I said standing up as if I was a boxing champion, trying to scare my opposition.
"Well it's not yours," He had a point, "You're not leaving till you give me that key,"
I started to look for a way to escape without giving him the key. If he got distracted, I could make my way around him. Damn, why did I get dressed?
Just as I was about to give up and give him the key, his phone rang. He took his eyes off me to look for his phone in his pocket, I knew this was my chance.
I had only just gotten to the door when I felt his arm around my waste.
Whispering in my ear, he said, "No, not this time."
I stomped my foot, feeling frustrated that he had caught me. I didn't want to give up my shower.
"Ma, I'll call you back," he hung up.
I giggled, "I thought you were a mamma's boy."
"Don't change the subject," he told me, but he couldn't miss the smile on his face.
"Why is it so important for you?" I asked him trying to by myself time to think of a reason why I should keep the key.
"It's principle," he stated.
"Well it's principle for me to keep it."
He frowned at that, "how?"
"I was here first," I stated proudly, surprised that I was even telling the truth.
"Well I'm here now. How did you even get the key in the first place?"
Change the subject! Change the subject!
"So what did your Ma want?" I asked wondering if he would actually take the bait.
"I don't know, probably to see if I'm eating healthy."
I laughed but I couldn't help but find myself jealous.
"You're such a Mamma's boy, Charming," I scoffed.
"Well, least I have parents, where's yours?"
I froze, my blood running cold.
They're dead. They are both dead. This was the first time that I was admitting to myself that I was an orphan.
I dug my hand into my trench coat pocket, for the room key. When I through it, he caught it. He had won.
"It's yours."

Chapter 12
Sarah
I waited in the car park behind Mercy's in the dark. The cold wind hit my bare skin of my arms and legs as the fishnet shocking and pink-poco-dot singlet did nothing for warmth. I kept telling myself to just put my trench coat that I had in my arms on but I knew that Michael would want to see a little of the prize that I had to offer him. It was the same with most guys. The more willing you were to stand in the dark, in the cold with little clothing on, the more they would want you. Tit for tat.
When I saw Michael's black Mazda three enter the car park, chills ran down my spine. Needing to do this, just outweighed not wanting to do this.
When he stopped, I knew that I had to do this. I had no choice.

"Is everything okay, Baby?" Michael asked me as I crawled out of the bed. I've never felt this empty before, not even when I just started living on the streets. Back then I was too focus on surviving to realize that my father was dead and that I had no more family left.
"Like you really care," I scoffed as I pulled on my fish net stockings while trying to see where my tiny denim shorts were.
"Why would I asked, if I didn't care?"
I had to bite my lip to stop myself from saying, so you can use me more if you knew what a mess I was.
"Fine, but if your like this again I'm going to have to take it out of your pay," he stated making my stomach turn.
When did the tables turn? When did Michael have all the cards? Never had I let the guy have the power, it was always my choice.
I turned to Michael in the bed.
"You really think I'm that dispirit?"
I hadn't realized that I had fallen so low when he nodded.
"Fine," I groaned, "I'll be on my best behaviour next time."
Once I had had all my clothes on, I said, "Where's my money?"
He groaned leaning over to the bed-side-table and opened the draw. He threw me a roll of money. I placed it in my pocket in one motion, not even bothering to check it.
"Same stop tomorrow?" he asked.
"Now who's dispirit?" I asked. He didn't say anything but I knew his answer. Still me.
"Fine, but I expect double payment seeing as you're making me do this two nights in a row."
He scoffed, "You need the money and –."
"And you need the sex."
He paused thinking.
"You need the money more than I do," he stated.
I stomped my foot frustrated. He was right.
"Fine, see you tomorrow."
"See you tomorrow."

Justin
I sat on the edge of the well, with my bird book over my lap. The autumn sun felt warm on my back as the cool wind blew. I shut the book, tapping my thumb on the cover. What to do now?
Life was everywhere around me, and I was bored. I could go and look at more homeless shelters, but it would just make me think of Snow. I could go and look at buildings but then I would be thinking of Snow.
I groaned realizing how pathetic I was. I was hung up over a girl I didn't even know. The only thing I did know about her was, she was homeless, liked to have showers in other people's hotel rooms and she apparently had parent problems.
I sighed, flipping open the book again. Trying to find the page that I was on, the book opened up to a page with a note in it.
I frowned recognising my mother's writing. It read:
Abbigail Hornbrook
Who was Abbigail Hornbrook? Did Ma know her, and if so how? Why did she leave it in my book?
I took out my phone and dialled her number.
"Hello?" she asked.
"Hey, what's with this note in my book?" I asked quickly before she could have a chance to speak.
Beep, beep, beep. The line went dead. That was weird, she never hung up. I have to force her to stop talking when she's on the phone. Why didn't she answer my question? Why did the name sound so familiar?