Chapter 31

Chapter 31
Justin
I tapped my finger on my knee, trying figure out why was I so angry.
Sarah was going to go sleep with Michael, a man that could never give her what she wanted. Could never -. I stopped.
What was I going to say?
Couldn't pleasure her like I could. Could never make her scream or make her yearn for him.
I wanted to hit myself.
I had never felt this way about anyone. I had a few girlfriends during the two years I spent at UNI, none really important. None could never, I guess, meet my needs. But for some reason I believed Sarah did and I believed that I did for her too. So why was she still going to go sleep with Michael when she knew that, that way of life would never make her happy.
I had to try and stop her, even if I knew she wouldn't listen. I took my jacket and headed for the door.
I was greeted by a harsh wind when I got outside. Trying to gather my thoughts, I headed the same way I did the last time I saw her meeting Michael. The car park.
I dodged the oncoming cars as I tried to cross the road to the less busy pavement. What if I was too late?
But the thought went away when I saw her come out of the public toilets. She wore fishnet stockings and her normal ankle black boots, and her black trench coat that probably covered that black nighty she brought merely a month ago.
I had to stop her.
With the dying light, the streetlights came on, but still it was hard to spot her. When I could finally see the outline of her coat, I followed her through and alleyway that opened out to the car park where I found her last time.
I was quiet till I was half way to her. She turned and saw me, her eyes growing wide.
"Justin, you can't -."
"Don't go with him," I butted in quickly.
"What?"
She acted as if she didn't know.
"Don't go with him," I repeated again.
"Justin, you know why I have to," she said, "to buy back my estate!"
I was growing more and more frustrated by the minute. Why was she so stubborn?
"But why? Why does your happiness have to be put last?" I asked.
"Because it's not just my happiness I have to think of! Not only did she take away my land, my birth right! But she took away my father, my staff! My whole life!"
"I still can't take that as a reason -."
She groaned, "of course you can't."
"- I can't let you throw your life away for other people!"
Placing her hands on her hips, she said, "oh really, why not?"
"Because I think I'm falling in love with you," I blurted out before I could stop myself.
"What?" Her voice was quiet and airy. I had never seen eyes so wide. Why was she so shocked?
Just as I went to say something, car lights blinded me.
She said the words that broke my heart, "I have to go, you have to go."
She couldn't even look me in the eyes. Had I hurt her?
"Sarah, I'm -."
"You have to go and we'll talk about it later."
"Sarah -."
"Please go," she snapped as the car slowed to a stop, "you wouldn't understand."
I swear I saw tears in her eyes.
I saw that my chance was over, I had run out of time. Not only that, I had told her that I had loved her and she didn't say it back. Maybe I was just looking for something that wasn't even there. That little spark in her eyes every time she looked at me. The smile I bought to her face every time I spoke to her. Maybe I just wanted to see it.
I stepped out of the way, allowing her to get into the black car. I waited till she was out of the carpark, till I too, walked away.  

Sarah
He loved me. I couldn't even get my head around it. Someone actually loved me.
I stood in the hotel room, feeling disgraced by my actions. Why did I tell him to leave? I didn't want him to leave.
"Well come on," Michael said breaking my thoughts.
What the hell was I doing here? With an ungrateful man that would never ever make me happy.
"Do you really think, I would sleep with a man like you," I snarled through my teeth.
"Haven't we already been through this?" he sighed, "you can't survive now that the shelter's closed."
"I would rather starve then do this anymore."
I was finally admitting it to myself. The only man I wanted to sleep with was Justin.
He stood as if challenging me, but I was ready to fight. I wanted to fight.
"You think I would let you go that easily. We had a deal," he reminded me.
"Yes we did, only if I didn't sleep with anyone but you."
I had caught him.
"You wouldn't dare" he growled, "I won't let you."
"It's too late. You can't stop me."
As I went for the door, I felt his hand on my hip. Spinning around, I hit him in the face hard enough that he backed away from me,
"You bitch," he groaned holding his eye.
He came for me again. I slid open the door, slipped out. I had never run so fast in my life. But it wasn't because of the man I was running from, it was because of the man I was running to.
When I felt the warmth of the Cottage Hotel, I was completely out of breath,
Must keep going.
When I saw that the lift was taken, I knew I couldn't wait. I pushed my way up the stairs to his floor.
Almost there.
I knocked on the door, forgetting that I had a key. When I realized that I could open it, he opened the door.
He seemed surprised, but I could barely speak.
"I q-quit –."
"I know."
I wrapped my arms around his neck, locking my lips to his. He pulled me in, shutting the door behind me only to push me against it. I cupped the back of his head, keeping him where he was as his hands made their way down my back to my thighs. A moaned escaped my lips when his moved on to my neck. 
Realisation, hit me like a cold shower. I knew where this led, and it scared me. Scared me enough that I had to stop this, "Wait, Justin wait."
He dropped my legs but still kept his arms around me.
"What? What's wrong?" he asked.
Where do I start?
"Ahh, well see the thing is, I-I've never," I sighed.
What would he think of me?
His eyes searched my expression trying to read my thoughts.
Cupping my cheek, he asked, "Tell me Sarah, what's wrong?"
I rubbed my face against him, trying to remember what it felt to have another person touch me and not feel a sickening sense at the bottom of my stomach.
"You know that I started, doing what I do, when I came to London," I started.
"Yes, of course I do."
"Yes, well you see, that was my first time," I up but into his confused eyes, "ever."
Realisation hit him like a cloud. Slowly starting in his eyes then to his jaw, slightly opening his mouth.
When he didn't stay anything, I felt as if I needed to explain.
"See, the thing is, I was waiting for that right person and also being grown up the way I did, I didn't want to rush into anything with guys because, well, I didn't know why they wanted me," I rambled on.
When he was still quiet, I continued, "and by doing, what I do, and being paid, it means that I've never had a – that is it was never about –," I stopped again.
How can I explain this?
But I didn't have to, he had figured it out by himself. I could feel my cheeks burning as I grew embarrassed.
"Oh."
Again, I felt as if I needed to explain.
"Well, I was being paid so you can hardly expect them to –,"
"No I understand," he reassured me.
He took a step back making my heart sink with regrate.
"I should never have said anything," I said almost completely out of breath.
"No," he said cupping his hand over my cheek.
"It's just –," he stopped and sighed, "It's just it's a lot of pressure for a guy. I mean –."
"On the guy," I said half laughing, "what about pressure on me? I mean, I know it's weird for someone to wait, but -" I didn't know what else to say.
"Look, let's wait," I was surprised by his suggestion, "I want to get to know you. I want to know what makes your heart race, what makes you shiver at just a thought," my heart started to race as he brought his lips to mine again, "I want to get it right the first time," he whispered.
Shivers ran down my spine just at the thought of that first time. Will it be everything I imagined, pictured, hoped.
"Do you think you can wait?" I asked utterly aware that each breath I took, the air had once been in his lungs.
"I'll try," he paused, "I really think I can."
I giggled at him, bringing his lips to mine again.
Pulling apart, I remembered something.
"Oh, and I might need to borrow a shirt or something," I told him.
He looked down at what I wore knowing that all I wore underneath my coat was a really uncomfortable nighty. He chuckled uneasily moving to his bag. I watched him go through it, finding sweat pants and a red jumper.
He turned to me and handed me them, "the pants have a jaw string but –."
"But I'll have to make do with them," I finished.
Before I moved into the bathroom, I cupped my hand over his cheeks just to feel the tingles I got when I looked into his brown beautiful eyes. Ignoring all my inner feelings, I walked to the bathroom.