25 - When She Loved Me + octavia

"When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful, every hour we spent together lives within my heart."

SEASON 2

"What about Octavia? Is she alright? Is she alive?" You asked Bellamy, your voice slightly cracking. You looked at him with hope in your eyes, he looked at you sternly under his cap. You, along with the others had smuggled Bellamy into Mount Weather, he was war torn whereas you looked pristine, clear skin and buttoned up shirt and trousers. Bellamy was taking his time and it was scaring you, "Bellamy, tell me."

"She's alright, she's just - she's not the same Octavia, Y/N. She's different." He told you and you exhaled a long breath, leaning against the wall with a smile on your face but then you got thinking.

"Different?" You questioned him, turning back towards him.

"Grounder different." He replied coldly.

"Well I guess I'll just find out when I see her, won't I?" You gave a forced smile to Maya who was standing next to you.

"Is Octavia special to you?" She asked, you didn't know her very well but you knew she was a friend.

"Very special, and if anything bad has happened to her, I'm accounting her big brother for it." You hit her shoulder playfully, trying to lighten the mood, but something in you still felt sad.

"She's with Lincoln now as well." Bellamy told you. You didn't have a clue what to think of that.

"At least she is happy." You smiled, yet all the time you've been stuck in here, you've wanted attention. It sounds bad you know that but you miss it, you miss somebody asking how you are feeling, somebody making conversation with you at meals, all the things Octavia did for you. You were a nobody her in Mount Weather and Octavia was always a somebody.

"I know she misses you, we miss you all." Bellamy said, he wasn't great at making you feel better but he tried and you had to give him that. But something about the way he said it made you angry.

"It's sure not having Jasper and Monty really affects your day to day lives." You tell him, a stern frown on your face, you weren't anybody and Bellamy barely knows your name.

"Hey, don't say that. We miss you, Harper, Miller everybody. You are still one of us." He told you, looking you in the eye.

"Sometimes it's hard to feel like that when Octavia was the only person to talk to you at camp, when the others avoided you. Octavia was my only friend and now she has changed and I don't know whether this new Octavia is going to like the old Y/N." You shared a last look with Bellamy and walked away from them both.

--

"Jasper?" You asked him, the plan is beginning, Clarke and Bellamy are already in the building, you both are fetching Octavia.

"What Y/N? I don't think now is the time." He was stern with you, you were both moving around the levels that have been radiated, no fear of being seen, only your fear of seeing Octavia.

"But it is, I - I..." You stuttered with your words, how could you possibly put your emotions into words, the indescribable feelings towards Octavia and the possibility that she has changed, would she still want you as a friend if you were boring old y/n who is in no way a warrior? "I don't know what Octavia is going to think of me."

Jasper stopped in an instant, "We are alive, you, me, Monty, Harper, we're all alive. You should thank god that she is as well, vans when you see her, just do whatever you feel is right."

He started moving again as quickly as he stopped, you stared at the back of his head as he rounded the last corner to get to the round metal entrance, "But what if she thinks I am too weak, I'm the complete opposite of her. She's a warrior, I'm the person who watches the warriors only thinking about the hundred ways she could get hurt." You raise your voice so he can hear as you do a jog around the corner, you look up from the metal floor which you always stare at. You first instinct is to cover your mouth in shock, Octavia Blake is in front of you wielding the biggest sword you have ever seen.

"Well Y/N I can think of a thousand ways I can get hurt with this." She does a half smile, not quite a smirk. And you shake your head in disbelief.

"Goodness, Octavia. You look -" You stare at her, hair done in braids, face makeup done and clad in all black with numerous weapons, you can just see scars on her face and how for her olive skin she seems to have naturally become more tanned, "Just like Octavia Blake should."

"And you should never be ashamed that you aren't a warrior, you are you, you're my best friend." She came towards you and you remember the first time you both hugged, it was the third day done of earth and how in that short period of around two months, she has grown more as a person than her sixteen years on the Ark.

You take her into your arms and gentle squeeze, "You are fantastic O."

She gently let's go and brings you to arm's length away still holding onto your shoulders, "And you always were."