Alfie

Blake was gone and I was with Zoe. The house was quiet and I had her wrapped tightly in my arms. She was crying, and I felt like crying as well. Whatever Blake had said to Zoe it must have been pretty terrible. She still wouldn't say everything that had happened. 

"Zo, please tell me what she said, I need to know," I said. I wanted Blake to pay for what she had done. 

Zoe held a finger up to my lips, "It doesn't matter Alfie," she whispered softly. My mother would have thoroughly disapproved but after a while Zoe fell asleep in my arms. The tears stopped and I wiped away the remaining ones on her face. She looked so peacful, I didn't want to get up an disturb her so I just stayed with her. 

Within minutes I had fallen asleep as well. 

________

I awoke the next morning to shouting. At first I thought it was downstairs but then I realised it was my mother. And she was yelling at me. Zoe was still asleep, how she was still asleep I had no idea. 

"Mum, ssshhh, Zoe is still sleeping," I said, then I swore under my breath. I was supposed to be in my room and Zoe was supposed to be in here, alone. 

I slowly removed myself from where I was and stood up walking out of the room, my mum following me. I shut the door to the guest room softly, hoping that Zoe had woken up yet. 

"Alfred, I told you that under no means were you to sleep in the same room as that girl," she shouted. 

"She has a name," I muttered. "Why do you hate her so much, you should be hating Blake," I started out loudly but barely muttered out that last bit. I knew how much my mum loved Blake. She probably wouldn't take kindly to that comment I had just made. 

"Do you really want me to tell you why I hate her? Really?" she asked, getting in a big tizzy. I nodded egging her on. There was no reason to hate Zoe, so why did my mum loathe her? "First off, she's ummm how do I put this, a bit off her rocker. Secondly she thinks she's all that, and thirdly she's too old for you," she smiled at me. "That's why I don't like her. Also, for some reason I don't really know she just really bothers me."

I paused trying to think of something really good to say back. As usual I drew a blank. "Well, she's my girlfriend so you're going to have to try and like her. Because she means everything to me, okay?" I asked, anger in my voice. 

Before she could answer the door to the spare room opened. Zoe walked out, yawning. "Morning Alf," she said with a smile. You could tell that she had been crying yesterday, her eyes were all red and puffy but she seemed pretty happy. She wrapped her arms around my waist and smiled up at me. 

I looked at my mum. "She means the world to me, got it?" I said with a bit of anger in my voice. 

"Got it," she said before turning and heading downstairs. "Breakfast is ready for you two," she said and then she was gone.

Zoe looked at me and smiled, "She seems to be in a good mood."

"Ya I guess she is now..." I said slowly. Hopefully today would make up for all of the terrible things that had happened the day before. 

"Alfie," Zoe said looking at me expectantly. 

"Yes?"

"When are we going to tell the viewers that we're together?" she asked softly. 

I hadn't even thought about that. Sometimes YouTube made everything in life a bit harder, I loved it, but still. 

"I don't know, I really don't," I said softly. 

"Okay," she said a bit disappointed. I knew that Zoe didn't like keeping secrets from her viewers. She detatched herself for my waist and turned back into the spare room to get ready. I wondered what we were going to do today. Hopefully something fun and exciting. 

____________

                                                         One Month Later

"Alfie, can you help me carry this?" Zoe called from the back of the car. We were moving in to an apartment together. Both of our parents had thought it was a bit early but whenever we were apart from each other it was agony. We just wanted to be with each other 24/7 and moving in together was the best solution for that. 

We had moved to London, that way we wouldn't be too far from Brighton or Bath. Marcus and Niomi were helping us move in. Our flat was pretty small but Zoe loved it and couldn't wait to decorate it. I just wanted us to be together. I had wanted Poppy to help us move in as well, seeing as Zoe and her had become quite good friends but she was away on holiday in America. 

"Sure thing babe," I said walking around to her and grabbing the other end of the box that she needed help carrying. 

"I am so excited!" she said in a high pitched voice as we carried to box up the flights of stairs to our new home. 

"I know you are," I said with a smile. "Is this the last box?" I asked, we had been unpacking for hours, it had better be the last box. 

"Yep! I can't wait to get everything set up, it's going to be so beautiful!" she said. There was a certain amount of passion in her eyes and I loved how excited she was about it. 

The door was still open and we walked inside placing the box down. Marcus and Niomi were sitting on the couch talking. "Finally, we are done," I said with a sigh. Carrying heavy boxes up two flights of stairs was not my idea of a good weekend. 

I plopped down on the couch next to Marcus and smiled at him. Zoe walked over and sat down on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the back of her neck. She turned around to face me. She leaned in and whispered in my ear "I'm so excited." 

"Me too," I whispered back. 

Ever since that weekend one month ago Zoe had been acting a bit different. A tad more affectionate and just a bit more anxious and worried. Her panic attacks were coming back and that was a lot to deal with. We had even had sex for the first time. 

But I was worried about Zoe's mood swings and her panic attacks. I feel like they were all triggered by what Blake had said to her. She still hadn't told me and I was really worried. I had suggested going to see a doctor but Zoe had said she didn't want to. I was just worried about her. I wanted the best. 

She leaned in a rested her head on my shoulder. "I love you," she said with a grin. 

"I love you too."

xxx