Alfie

It ended up that Blake wanted to go to Mac. She browsed around looking at eyeshadows while I just stood there stupidly. I was looking at Blake but the only person that I could think about was Zoe. She fancied me? How could that be, we had always just been friends. 

There was of course a time when I first met her that I thought she was very beautiful and thoughts had gone through my mind of making a move, but they left my mind as we became better friends. All I could think of her now was like a sister. Not like a girlfriend. 

But still, why was she the only person running through my mind right now. Not Blake, the lovely girl who I thought I fancied and who obviously liked me. No, I was thinking about Zoe. The person I had been friends with for just less than a year. The girl with the ombre hair, the fake hipster glasses. The girl who loved orange and wearing studded clothing. 

Why was I thinking about her? In my daze I pulled out my phone and texted her. I needed to talk to her. I was glad when she replied. 

Z- 'Of course! See you at 8'

I smiled, my mind was at ease. I was going to talk to Zoe. Then I started to freak out though, what was I going to say? Then I glanced up at the girl I was actually currently with. Blake was carrying a large bag of cosmetics that she had just purchased.

"I just bought the cutest things Alf!" she said with a smile. 

"Great," I said softly. "Ready to go to the party?" She nodded vigarously and we were off. 

__________

I was back in my flat, and my phone was going off like crazy. I had just left the party to the protests of Blake. Actually a lot of her protests. Apparently one of her friends had told her that I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend today and she was very disappointed that I hadn't. 

I didn't fancy her anymore. I actually couldn't really imagine how I ever liked her in the first place. She was a brat and very whiney. I didn't even find her that attractive anymore. What had I ever seen in her? I really didn't know anymore. 

I had left the party early for three reasons. One it was wuite boring. Two Blake was being a pain in the ass. And of course the third reason was to speak to Zoe. I needed to talk to her and tell her what had happened with Blake.

Now, I didn't fancy Zoe. She was still like a sister to me, but I knew that our friendship would change since she had told me that she liked me. I was happy though, I felt as if it was a change for the better. I really didn't know what was going to happen anymore. I just knew that I didn't like Blake anymore. 

It was nearing 8 o'clock and I was actually starting to get very excited for my chat with Zoe. Zoe, my mate. Nothing more. I grabbed a glass of water and settled into my bed with my laptop. I texted Zoe to ask her if she was ready and smiled when she responded immeadiately. 

I pressed the call button and waited for a few moments for her to pick up. 

"Hello Ms. Sugg!" I said with a grin. 

xxx