Alfie

Long story short, me and Louise made it to the Isle of Wight. The journey there wasn't very eventful and we were just in a rush anyway. We needed to get to Zoe. I wanted to talk to her and reassure her and Louise wanted to make sure she was safe and hadn't panicked. 

The ferry dock was desserted. Where was Zoe? We found a worker person who told us she had gone to the beach and we headed down there immeadiately. Louise told me she knew exactly where the beach was and that Zoe talked about it constantly. 

We made it to the beach and we couldn't see Zoe anywhere. There wasn't even anyone on the beach, seeing as it was about 4 degrees outside. I glanced at Louise, "Where is she?" I asked, worry quavering in my voice. 

Louise didn't answer, she just started to call Zoe's name and I started to call her name as well. We began to walk up the beach looking behind all of the rocks and in the little dips and drops of the sand. We still didn't find her. This was starting freak me out now. I glanced down at my watch nd shivered, my body suddenly realizing how cold it was outside. 

The time was 7 pm. Not that late, but it was getting really dark. I knew Zoe would be okay, she had to be okay. But what if she wasn't? What if she had fallen asleep somewhere and we would never find her. Or, even worse, what if she wasn't even on the Isle of Wight? What if thate worker person hadn't even seen Zoe? 

I started to tell Louise my concerns when she shrieked with joy. "I see her!" she started to run ahead to a cluster of rocks in th distance. There were about ten larger rocks with a few smaller ones sprinkled inside the circle that they created. 

Louise ran ahead and I saw what was Zoe, stand up when she heard us. I started to run as well, quickly catching up to Louise and passing her. I ran up to Zoe, and for some reason realized that I was crying. I hastily wiped away the tears and embraced Zoe in a tight hug. 

I then pulled back and looked at her. She looked the same, maybe a little confused. "We were so worried," I said taking deep breaths in between each word. 

"You were?" she said, with a laugh. I started to laugh as well. It all seemed a bit silly. Zoe was an adult, why were we worrying about her? She sat down and I sat next to her. Louise came up, throughly out of breath.

"Alfred, why did you run ahead? God forbid," she said. Then she stopped talking, still trying to catch her breath. Both Zoe and I started to crack up. 

"Let's go home!" I sai cheerfully. 

"Can I stay at your place?" Zoe asked looking up at me. I realized that she hadn't been home for ages. 

"Of course," I said with a smile. 

_________

Luckily, Zoe, Louise, and I had caught the last ferry back to Milford on Sea. Zoe and I had said goodbye to Louise as she departed back to Northampton. 

"Promise me Chummy, wherever you go, bring your phone," she said it with a smile and then she was gone. 

"She really worried about you," I said softly. Zoe just nodded. 

We were both headed back to Brighton, and upon our arrival we headed to the nearest Costa to warm up. 

The place was pretty full, people stopping in to grab a warm drink before heading back out into the dreadful weather. It was snowy and super windy in the Brighton. I liked it though, cold weather was great if you had a nice jacket. 

After Zoe and I had ordered our hot chocolates we slid into a booth and started to take off our winter jackets. Zoe looked very happy about something. 

"What are you so cheerful about?" 

"Nothing, just glad that you care about me!" she said with a grin. 

I smiled, I did care about her. A lot, I cared about her so very much. 

xxx