Alfie

I stayed in the kitchen with Louise and we talked for ages. Zoe never came back into the room and we thought that she had gone somewhere in the house where she could be alone. 

"I guess I should go talk to her," Louise said standing up. "And Alfie, don't worry about anything."

I just nodded and walked over to where Darcy was sat. "Alfie!" she shrieked. I smiled, Darcy always made everything much happier and joyous. I started to play with her, much to her excitement. She kept shrieking my name and giggling. I started to laugh along with her. 

"Alfie," Louise said in a worried voice. "Zoe isn't here anymore, and she left her phone."

I froze where I was. It wasn't the fact that Zoe was gone, more the fact that if we wanted to contact her we couldn't. I looked down at my watch and another wave of fear spun through me. Zoe had been gone for three hours. If she had gone back to Bath and realized that her phone was gone, she would already called us to let us know. 

That obviously meant that she wasn't headed to Bath. But where was she going? London? Norwich? I had absolutely no idea and this was when I started to freak out. 

"Louise how are we going to contact her? Where has she gone? Will she come back? Has she gone back to Bath?" a constant slew of words tumbled out of my mouth. I think I asked about 30 questions before I stopped to take a breath.

"I don't know," was all Louise said. I groaned, where had she gone? If I knew then I could go and find her, make sure she was okay, and tell her that everything that had happened between us was fine. 

Suddenly a lightbulb went off in my head. "I know where she's gone!" I said hurriedly running out of the kitchen to gather up all of my stuff. Louise followed after me. 

"Where?" she asked questioningly. Her face was confused, but then I could tell it dawned on her as well. How blantantly obvious it was, and how stupid we had both been to overlook it. "The Isle of Wight." she said, raising her hands to her face in somewhat of a facepalm. 

I'm sure that by the time we realized this Zoe was probably off the train and on the ferry over. We had to hurry if we wanted to get to her. 

"Are you coming?" I asked to Louise. She didn't answer, but continued to run around grabbing things and stuffing them into her purse. I'm guessing that that was a yes. She also started to get Darcy ready. Matt was at work so we would have to bring her with us. 

_______

It took us a while but we were finally off of the train at Milford on Sea and on a ferry. We just hoped and prayed that Zoe was still on the island. We hadn't even thought about where she would be on the island or how we would find her, but we knew that we would have to try. 

Darcy hated the ferry, she cried the whole time which just sent me even more on edge. I didn't know why I was getting so worried. Zoe was an adult, she was capable of doing whatever she wanted. She could easily get home, so why did I even care where she was?

I cared because I loved her. I loved her like a sister loves a brother, a teacher loves a student. I cared so much about her, I would do anything to make sure that she was okay. She was my best friend and I didn't want anything bad to ever happen to her. I didn't fancy her, no I didn't, but I loved her all the same. 

Right as we stepped off the ferry onto the island I got a text. I glanced down at it quickly hoping that it was from Joe telling me something about Zoe but it was from Blake. 

B- 'So are you still going to hang out? I miss you Alf! ;)'

Thanks for reading lovelies!! ^_^ xxx