Zoe

Alfie was mine. Everything had gone right. Everything. So why was I all of a sudden so sad? Ever since I had met Alfie I had wanted us to be together. So desperately. I had wanted it so badly. No I had it, and I just felt lost. 

I guess it was just because I had nothing to look forward to. Nothing to push myself towards. It suddenly felt as if I had no purpose in my life. It felt like I had nothing. 

Of course that wasn't the case though. I had so many things in my life and so many people in my life who cared about me. I had to stop thinking this way. Everything was going to be fine, now that I had Alfie. I just had to keep telling myself how happy I was to have him. And I was, I really was. 

_______

Alfie, Darcy, and I had had a busy day. We had gone to the park and had quite a lot of fun. Now we were back home and Darcy was asleep. Alfie and I were sitting on the couch together, my head resting on his shoulder. I was really tired but I just couldn't push myself to go to bed. I wanted to stay up. 

"I'm bored," I said slowly, letting the last few sounds drag out of my mouth. Then I immeadiately came up with an idea. I wanted to Alfie to plait my hair! That would be a fun thing and we didn't really have to get up. "Alfie, you should plait my hair!" I said with a large, foolish grin on my face. 

"Oh I don't know Zo," he started to say. I interupted him holding out my hand. 

"Here's a hair bobble." I lifted my head off of Alfie's shoulder and repositioned myself so that I was sitting in Alfie's lap. My back facing him. 

I shivered a bit as his cold hands touched the back of my neck. "How exactly do I do this again? I only sort of remember from when Poppy taught me. Like ages ago." 

"I'm not helping you one bit!" I said with a large grin. I was pretty sure that Alfie would end up turning my hair into one giant knot but at least it would be funny. And right now I just wanted to be near him. Hear his laugh. That was all I really needed. 

I could feel Alfie, very cautiously, splitting my hair into three sections. He started to plait them together, and it felt as if he was actually doing pretty good. 

"Feels like you're doing it right," I said giggling a bit. 

"Shut up," he said playfully, continuing to pull the hair tighter and twist it together. "Done!" he said triumphently. I reached behind me and felt the braid up and down. It actually seemed like he had done a pretty good job. 

"Wow, I think you actually did pretty amazing Alf," I said, still smiling. I turned around to face him, still staying in his lap. 

"I'm a pretty amazing guy," he said, a large smile on his face. 

"So I've heard," I said softly. I leaned in and kissed him deeply. I slowly opened my mouth allowing him access inside. He moaned softly and I started to lean more of my weight onto him. He reached his arm behind my back and under my shirt, finding my bra. 

He unlatched it and I froze. I pulled away. "Alfie, not tonight. Not here," I said, a bit embarrassed. My cheeks started to flush.

"Uh ya, okay," he mumbled. 

"I love you," I said, kissing him softly on the ear before getting up to get ready for bed. 

xxx