Alfie

*Two weeks after Zoe filmed with Louise*

It had been such a long time since I had seen my best friend and it sucked. I missed Zoe so much and she wasn't responding to my texts, skypes, or tweets. I just wanted to see her, talk to her, make sure she was okay. I wanted to be close to her, feel her touch. Okay, maybe I had started to fancy her a bit. 

Not like it mattered at all. At this point Zoe probably hated my guts. She was right I had lost my chance. I had been a complete idiot and I would have to get over it sooner or later. 

I had just woken up fairly early in the morning, around noon. Yes, noon is early for me. The first thing I had done was look at my phone. I had three missed text messages. All from Louise. 

L- 'Alf, can you do me a huge favour?! Matt and I are going away for Valentine's Day and we need someone to watch Darcy for like a week and a half. Can you do it?'

L- 'Alfred, wake up and text me back!'

L- 'Zoe's going to be watching her too.'

I thought about what I could type back as a reply but instead I called Louise. Of course I would watch Darcy. 

__________

After a short phone call with Louise everything had been sorted out. I was going to stay at her place with Darcy and Zoe for a week and a half, starting today. She was going to France with Matt for Valentine's Day. That meant that I was going to be with Zoe for Valentine's Day. 

Louise had explained to me that Zoe was already at her house and thought that it was just going to be her watching Darcy. She had told me that Zoe had been feeling really down lately and really wanted to see me. She had also warned me that Zoe was still very angry at me. 

I didn't care though, I just needed to see her. I had to tell her how I really felt. I needed to. 

__________

The two hour train journey had seemed to go by in the blink of an eye. All I could think about was seeing Zoe. I kept replaying what I hoped would happen when I saw her. She would run up and hug me and I would whisper in her ear how much I missed her. Then I would tell her that I fancied her and everything would be amazing. 

At least that's how I pictured it. In reality Zoe would probably just scream at me and tell me how stupid I was and that she hated my guts now. Oh well, I like to think positive. 

I got a cab to Louise's and smiled when I saw Zoe's car. I paid the driver and pulled my suitcase out of the car. I walked up the steps slowly to Louise's. I was nervous. What if everything didn't go as I had planned it out in my head. What if Zoe made me leave? I so desperately wanted to see her.

Louise answered the door, Darcy sitting on her hip. "Alfie!" Darcy shrieked with joy. I smiled.

"Hey Darcy!" I said, a large smile on my face. 

I then heard voices behind Louise. 

"Louise, who's at the door? I thought for a second I heard Alfie's voice." 

I froze, my heartbeat speeding up. It was Zoe. She walked up behind Louise, still in her joggers. Her hair was messy and long, hanging down in the front and she wasn't wearing any makeup. When she saw me she stopped talking. 

"Alf," she said slowly. Then she looked at Louise. "Why is he here?" she whispered, loudly enough for me to still hear. 

"He's going to help you watch Darcy," she said with a smile. "Come in Alfie," she said still grinning like a witch whose plan has just come together perfectly. 

"I don't need help watching a two-year old," Zoe said sourly as I walked inside. 

So, I guess I had imagined things a bit too positively. Zoe slumped down on the couch. I could see that she was crying. I guess the tinyest thing really did trigger her now. 

Louise looked at Zoe, then she looked at me. "I think I'll leave you two alone," she said slowly. Zoe looked pleadingly up at her, like she didn't want to be left alone with me. 

I didn't know what to do, what to say. There was an awkward air about us. I stood up from where I was sitting and walked over to where Zoe was. I sat down next to her and smiled, trying to make her feel better. She just flinched. 

She looked at me and opened her mouth. "Alfie I missed-" 

"Zoe, I love you," I said before pressing my lips against hers. 

Ya!!!! Happiness again!! I hope that you guys like it!!!!! ^_^ xxx