Zoe

I was going to be mortally embarrassed for the rest of my life. My face stayed beat red for approximately the rest of the night, and my heart kept thumping loudly in my chest. So loudly that I feared that Alfie could hear me in the next room. I didn't think that I was ever going to fall asleep. 

I eventually drifted off though. Of course my brain just had to dream about Alfie. Why did I do this to myself?

_______

I awoke abruptly to the sound of Darcy in the kitchen. Louise was awake. I sat up and quickly tied my hair into a hgih ponytail. I then checked my phone, no new messages. I clicked it off and replaced it back on the ottoman. I stretched and walked in to great my chummy.

I then remembered everything that had happened the night before and groaned. Alfie, the awkward conversation, the kiss. I froze halfway to the kitchen. What if he was in there? I didn't want to see him, I didn't want to talk to him. I would probably just end up embarrassing myself even more. 

Louise was sat at the counter feeding a very red faced Darcy. "Good morning," I said quite loudly to be heard over the din. 

"Hello!" Louise said as cheerfully as she could. 

"Is everything okay?" I asked with concern as I sat down. 

"Ya, Darcy just has a fever and she thinks it's the worst thing that could ever happen to her," she said with a slight groan. 

"Can I tell you something Louise?" Before she could even respond I launched into a whispered conversation about everything that had happened the night before. I was almost done telling her about how I felt when I heard footsteps in the hallway. I glanced up and froze. 

It was Alfie. 

Before anything else could happen I started to talk. "Alfie, please don't," I whispered before walking quickly out of the room. I had to leave. I had to get somewhere else. Somewhere other than here. I should have never told Alfie that I had feelings for him. It had wrecked everything. Absolutely everything. 

I gathered up all of the stuff that I had brought to Northampton and shoved it in my bag hurriedly. For some odd reason I was starting to cry. I hadn't cried in weeks. Not even when Joe left some ruddy plastic thing of his and I stepped on it. Now that had hurt, but I hadn't cried. 

So why was I crying now? There was nothing that should have made me cry. I felt so stupid at this point. How could I have let a boy get to me? How? I grabbed my bag, pulled on my jacket, slipped my feet into my shoes, and left. I didn't even say goodbye.

_________

I found myself on a train and I wasn't heading back to Bath. I didn't really know where I was going, but I knew that I was going away. Somewhere where I could regain my thoughts and realize, hopefully, that I didn't actually like Alfie and everything could go back to normal. 

I had been on the train for two hours before I actually realized where I was going. My brain had automatically bought a train ticket for the one place in my life where everything always went right. The Isle of Wight. 

It took me about another twenty minutes after that to realize that I had left my phone back at Louise's. 

Sorry it is short lovelies!! xxx