Zoe

The rest of the party went by very quickly, it was all a blur to me. All that mattered was that Alfie liked his gift. I was in the clear. It had taken me forever to find that hot chocolate. In the end I had had to contact the viewer that originally sent them to Alfie and we worked everything out. 

It quickly became clear that the party was over. The only people left were Louise, Alfie, myself, and of course Tanya and Jim. "Thank you so much for hosting!" I said cheerily to the couple as I gathered my things and left with Louise and Alfie. 

"It was amazing!" Louise chimed in.

"Thank you!" Alfie said before we softly shut the door. I glanced at my watch and saw that it was already midnight. I would not be going back to Bath tonight. I guess that meant another night with Louise. Not like I was complaining or anything.

"Hey Lou, is it alright if I crash at your place tonight? I don't feel like heading back to London."

"Of course," Louise said with a knowing smile in my direction. 

My insides started to go all bubbly and haywire on me. Alfie was going to be staying with Louise as well. A small shiver went down my spine and I started to smile as we made our way to the station and eventually back to Northampton. 

_________

Louise pulled open the door to her house and turned the lights on with a sigh. I could tell that lately she was getting more worn out than usual. "I'm heading to bed early," she said softly. "Alfie, you can have the spare bedroom, Zoe is sleeping on the couch." 

She shuffled slowly out of the main room back into her bedroom and clicked the door shut. I sat down on the couch and pulled my coat off, as well as slipping my shoes off. 

"Mind if I hang out here for a while?" Alfie asked, sitting down next to me on the couch. We were close, very close. 

"Not at all," I said, my insides churning, the butterflies flitting about in my stomach. 

"Cool," he said softly. 

And that was about it, we just talked a bit and spent the rest of the time on our phones. Then he asked me a question. And my insides felt like they were going to explode. They really did. Why did he have this effect on me? Why couldn't I just see him the way he saw me, like a friend. 

"Soo... this is really awkward but..." he paused and I could tell that he didn't want to ask whatever he was about to. "How long have you fancied me?" he said quickly, spitting the words out. 

I thought about the different ways I could react to this. I could answer him like a normal person with the actual answer, since we met. But of course I am not a normal person. I thought about my other options. I could ignore him, but that would be rude. I could lie and tell him not that long. Or I could say that I don't even fancy him anymore. The options were endless. I picked the most stupid option. The most reckless and idotic option. 

"Long enough to do this," I said leaning in and kissing him. 

Sorry it's so short lovelies! Another update is coming very soon!!!