Zoe

Me and Louise were late, we were always late. I kpet glancing at my watch and silently cursing every time that I did. The day started when me and Louise woke up late. Then we had to get Darcy ready. Darcy didn't want to get ready. Everything was just not going our way. 

But finally, we were putting the final touches on our makeup and getting ready to head out the door. I pulled on my coat and grabbed all of the presents I was bringing for everyone. I had spent a lot of time picking out something that I knew they would all like a lot. But the best present was for Alfie. 

It had taken me months to find something that he would actually enjoy and want to have but I finally found something. It was going to be perfect and I couldn't wait for him to open it. Before Louise and I left I sent a quick text to Tanya telling her that we running a tad late. 

_________

The cab ride to the station was absoutely miserable. The car smelled of cigarette smoke and the driver was very creepy. Me and Louise kept close together, we thought we were going to be killed. Well Louise did, I was just a bit weirded out. 

We finally made it to the station though and caught a train which was good. We had missed the first one that we might have taken, so we were happy that there was another one within a reasonable amount of time after the first. 

The two hour trip seemed to go by in the blink of an eye. All I could do the entire time was look at my watch though. We were going to miss everything! Luckily we made it to Norwich by 8:45, and were only go to be about an hour late. I hated being late... 

__________

I pulled open the door to Tanya and Louise's house and expected everyone to be off and in different rooms chatting and such. I didn't expect anyone to notice us come in and I thought that we might be able to slip in un-noticed. I was wrong, the second we walked in Alfie came in upon us. 

I smiled, this night was going to be amazing. 

__________

I was sitting on the couch in Tan and Jim's living room covered in wrapping paper. We were all opening out gifts and so far I had gotten a lot of make-up and accessories. I think I still had to open Alfie's present and alos Louise's. Louise and I were going to open presents later though, to make it special. 

Alfie hadn't opened the present I had given him yet and I was starting to get anxious. I really hoped that he like it. I picked up his present and started to hand it to him at the exact same time he tried to hand me mine. 

"Here, open this," we both said at the same time. Our presents collided and I started to laugh. 

"Will do kind sir," I said picked up the tiny wrapped box Alfie had given me. I wondered what was inside, I loved giving presents almost as much as I loved recieving them!

I pulled the polka dot paper off and threw it in the overflowing bag that Tanya had placed in the room. All of the presents had been opened except for our two so everyone was looking at us. Alfie stopped unwrapping his and smiled. "I want to watch you open yours," he said with a grin. 

Now everyone in the room really was looking at me. They continued to chat and talk, but I knew that their eyes were on my. The box was a beautiful lavendar colour and I knew that I would end up keeping it. 

I slowly pulled the lid off and gasped. Inside, sitting on a white cushion, was a beautiful necklace. I didn't think I had ever seen anything more beautiful. The chain was a medium size and rose gold. At  the end was a branch that ended in a bird spreading its wings. 

It was quite simple, no shimmer or glitter. It wasn't long, it wasn't big. It was perfect. I picked it up slowly. "Oh Alfie," I said softly. 

"Do you like it?" he said with a smile. 

"I love it." 

xxx